Saturday, March 22, 2014

Funky Cakes Accordion

ECDFunkyCakes-wm

Hello everyone,
It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Kelli Hull our challenge hostess for March brings us another fun challenge.

Kelli have challenged us this week to a  FREE for All... Yep, you heard me... Just make a card!!!!

I always find it easier to do a challenge which has an open theme then one when they set a theme … I have way to many options when the challenge is open LOL!

I created this card to give to Els from Elizabeth Craft Designs for her birthday which was last Saturday and as I would be seeing her at the Craft Show down here in Brisbane on the following Thursday wanted to have something special to give to her.

As you can see I have created an Accordion card combining the Circle Accordion Card Die set and the Fancy Label Accordion Die set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. This is an idea I got from a link of an accordion card by Torrey Moseley created which  Karen shared on her Karen Burniston, Designer Facebook Page

ECDFunkyCakes3-wm

To decorate my accordion card today I used the Funky Cakes Peel-Off Stickers … have I told you how much I am loving these peel-offs! I am quiet amazed because I haven’t really liked stickers in the past but I am loving the Elizabeth Craft Designs ones and being able to apply glitter to the whole image and then color it with my copics is sooooooo much fun!

ECDFunkyCakes4-wm

The middle page of my accordion card was created using the Fancy Label Accordion card die set and also the Fancy Frame Edges. I added a sentiment from Hero Arts and a couple of dots and candles also from the Funky Cakes Peel-Off Stickers sheet.

ECDFunkyCakes5-wm

Here is the final page of my accordion card. I used the Circle Accordion Card die for the first and last pages of my card and decorated the frame using the Square with Circle Frame Edges set. I love the dots frame … and it has an added bonus as the leftover over sheet with all the tiny dots which are sticky as I add adhesive to my card before I die cut the frames, I give to my daughter who is a Kindy teacher … apparently the kids love them!

ECDFunkyCakes2-wm

Here is a view of my card from the front when the card is closed. I have also added flowers to my card using Pink & Light Green Adhesive Velvet Sheets and the Bunch of Flowers Die and Curvy Leaves die.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Betty Wright
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry

    Jeanne Streiff (March Guest Designer)

    Here are the products I used to create my card:

    Stamps: Yummy Treats Stamp Set – Hero Arts
    Paper: White; Blue; Pink; Green
    Dies: Circle Accordion Card; Fancy Label Accordion Card; Fancy Frame Edges; Square with Circle Frame Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Flower Set 1; Curvy Leaves – Elizabeth Craft Designs
    Other: Black Ink; Elizabeth Craft Designs Funky Cakes Peel-Off Stickers; ECD Pink Adhesive Velvet Sheet; ECD Light Green Adhesive Velvet Sheet; ECD Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

  • 3 comments:

    Karen Aicken said...

    Frances I love everything about this card! The way you combined the circle and Fancy Label Accordions, the brightly coloured GLITTERY cakes - everything.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    Maryann said...

    Just beautiful Frances - Maryann

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    wow.....this is a deeeelish delight