Monday, April 23, 2018

Cosmos Mother's Day Easel Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I created recently using a few more things I received for my birthday.

This is an Easel Card which I created using Crafter's Companion Floral Create-A-Card Easel Card. This die set has decorative overlays you can use to create your card, but for my card today I decorated the card using stamps.

The background on the main panel is Simon Says Stamp Cosmos Background. I have been wanting this for some time and a friend gave it to me for my birthday 😀. I stamped the background onto watercolor paper and embossed using black ink and clear embossing powder. I then watercolored the image using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I stamped two more of the lower flowers on another piece of watercolor paper, cut them out and layered over the main panel.


As Mother's Day is only a few weeks away I decided to turn this into a Mother's Day card. I always need to make a few Mother's Day cards so my daughters have enough for their needs.

To embellish my card I added some clear and pink transparent crystals to the card.


Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Supplies:



Stamps: Cosmos Background - Simon Says Stamp; The Sweetest - Penny Black; Just for Mother's Day - Print Blocks
Paper: Watercolor Paper; Purple; Pink
Dies: Floral Easel Create-A-Card - Crafters Companion; Tall Rectangles; Tall Scallop Rectangles - Spellbinders
Other: Black VersaFine Ink; Studio Katia Cupid's Kiss Crystals Mix; Dark Pink Crystals;  Foam Tape

2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This is so pretty! I've never seen that die set before - it's so cool.

jojot said...

gorgeous florals in the purples.....reminded me of BBB aka Charlene