Friday, February 9, 2018

Soar


Hi Crafty Friends,

My card today uses products from Elizabeth Craft Designs. The starting point for this card was the  birdcage from the new Becky Seddon Free as a Bird die set, I knew I wanted to use that on my card.  While looking through my ECD supplies sitting on my desk I discovered a background I created last year which uses the Geometric Background and Tonic Studios Gilding Flakes which I decided to use for the background.

For the birdcage I die cut one from black cardstock and one from white cardstock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. I covered the adhesive birdcage with Copper Silk Microfine Glitter then layered the two together so they were slightly offset.

I used the Dashing Circles and Stitched Circles for the circle layers on the left hand side of the card. I trimmed off one side of the circles and adhered them to the lower left hand side of the background layer. I then adhered my birdcage to the top of these circles.

This background was then layered to a piece of patterned paper from the ModaScrap Wood Effects Patterned Paper Pack and onto a black side folding card.

I die cut the A Way With Words - Soar from black cardstock three times and then an additional one from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front and covered the adhesive with Copper Silk Microfine Glitter. This was layered using the Stitched Fishtail Banners die set.

To finish off the card I die cut two sets of the birds from the Free as a Bird die set, die cutting them all using white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. I glittered two of the birds using Bright Cranberry Silk Microfine Glitter and the other two with Copper Rose Silk Microfine Glitter. Using a black glaze pen, I added eyes to each of the birds. Adhere three of the birds to the front of the card.


For the inside of the card I stamped one of the sentiments from the A Way With Words - Soar Collection Clear Stamp set onto a die cut rectangle panel. I then added the remaining glittered bird to the top of the panel.

Supplies:

Elizabeth Craft Designs:




Other:
Cardstock - Black
Nuvo Gilding Flakes - Radiant Gold; Silver Bullion; Sunkissed Copper
Black Glaze Pen
Foam Tape