Thursday, August 10, 2017

What's the Buzz?


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Anne Harmon our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

For our challenge this week, Anne has given us the theme .... Insects - make a card using bees, dragonflies, any kind of insect. Be sure to add stickles to their wings (if they have wings!)




I had originally made another card for this challenge, but then when I had finished the card I looked at it and decided that it would also work for a challenge I have on Saturday and as it was easier to make another card for this challenge I decided to create another card for this challenge. Both cards using the same main image as I had printed out some digital stamps I had saved from a few years ago and I had die cut one inside the circle (this one) and the other cut out around the body as I had intended to adhere one over the other until I discovered that they were different sizes ... oops. But as I had already colored this one, I figured I might as well make use of the image rather than waste it.



For my card today I created a Shutter Gatefold Card using the Nellie Snellen Magic Card Round die set. When you open the card the circle at the centre top opens up.



I created my own background papers for this card by sponging Fossilised Amber Distress Oxide ink over each of the white panels. I then die cut the Elizabeth Craft Designs Honeycomb die using release paper to create a stencil and layed the stencil over the panels and sponges Wild Honey Distress Ink over the top. I then added the black flight lines which is from The Stamps of Life Bee4Me stamp set.



Here you can see my card fully opened up. I added a beehive to the bottom centre of the card and also added a bee to the back of the fishtail flag on the lower right hand side of the card.

I added White Blizzard Glitter Nuvo Drops to all of the wings.




One final photo showing the card when it is closed laying on  my desk.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi



Stamps: Mashi’s Muffins Bumble Bee Digi Stamp CC Designs; bee4me - The Stamps of Life; Bee Sentiments - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Beehive - Darcies Rubber Stamps
Paper: White Soft  Finish Cardstock - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Black; Yellow
Dies: Magic Card Die Round - Nellie Snellen; Stitched Circles; Fitted Circles; Honeycomb - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Everyday Sentiment Banners - Lawn Fawn
Other: Black Ink; Fossilised Amber Distress Oxide; Wild Honey Distress Ink; White Blizzard Glitter Nuvo Drops; Foam Tape; Copics



8 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Frances - you always have the best folds in your cards !! This bee-utiful gal is color to perfection !

Vicky Gould said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute! Fantastic fold!

Liz Williams said...

How do you think of these super cute ideas!! Your cards are delightful!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a sweet card with its hidden message inside!! Fabulous construction on this beautiful design, Frances!

Karen Aicken said...

This is such great card .. and that background paper you created is fabulous!

Lois said...

I always love your interactive cards, Frances. They are always so detailed as well as fun! I like the little bee you stuck on the back side of your sentiment banner.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a fabulous card design.......may I say it's the Bees Knees??? Awesome, Frances!

jojot said...

well....I am glad you made this card...this is so eye catching and 'bee'utiful