Thursday, August 3, 2017

Hello Little Birdy


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Anne Harmon.

For our challenge this week Anne has given us the theme ... Emboss! Use any technique that involves embossing - wet, dry, resist. Whatever appeals to you.

I wanted to play with my Concord & 9th Hello Turnabout stamp which I have had for a month or so and hadn't had a chance to use it as yet and also the new Distress Oxides. So I used the inks to stamp my background and the layers of the bird. For the fourth stamping on my Hello Turnabout background I stamped it using VersaMark ink and then gold embossing powder.

As you can see I have created a Pull Card using the Pop it Ups Oval Pull Card from Elizabeth Craft Designs. The bird is a freebie I got from a magazine which includes the outline of the bird and then the stamps to add the colored details to the inside of the image.



When you "pull" the card open it reveals a message and another bird which is attached to a spinner from the Rectangle Pull Card die set.

I also added a Nuvo Drop to the closure tab of the card.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi




Stamps: Hello Turnabout - Concord & 9th;  Little Bird - Practical Publication
Paper: White; Green; Teal
Dies: Pop It Ups Oval Pull Card; Pop it Ups Rectangle Pull Card - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Little Bird - Practical Publications
Other: Black Ink; Twisted Citron Distress Oxide; Peacock Feathers  Distress Oxide; Salty Ocean  Distress Oxide; VersaMark Ink; Gold Embossing Powder; MISTI; Apple Green Gloss Nuvo Drops; Foam Tape





7 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Frances, you are such a master at putting papers together and combining your colors. This card is just outstanding in both departments and then there is that adorable little bird to add to this wonderful collection.

Vicky Gould said...

What a cool technique.....as always! I love that little bird and your colorful background!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love your delightful layered bird on this fabulous Pull Card with your fun pop out!! Another remarkable beauty, Frances!

Lois said...

Your cute little bird looks right at home in the midst of that great background. I've been looking at those Concord & 9th turnabout stamps with interest. Super card, Frances!

Karen Aicken said...

This is so pretty! I ADORE that you gold embossed that final turn of the stamp. Clever!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Gold embossing always works for me!! Love your bird and the pull card!!

jojot said...

a real beauty of a bird.....lovely card