Thursday, July 6, 2017

Super Cupcake Marci


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess for the month which is Maryann Einam.

Maryann has asked us to create a card using a mask, whether it is using a masking technique or a stamped image of a mask.



I have done a couple of cards recently using masking techniques ... one using dies and another using stamps. But I couldn't decided what I wanted to mask for this challenge ... so next up I went looking to see what images I had that included a mask! 

Finally I discovered La La Land Crafts Super Cupcake Marci which I thought would work well with Karen Burniston's new Cupcake Pop-Up Card die set. Although in the end I used the small cupcakes included in the set but not the actual Cupcake pop-up die.



After I had cut the girl out I was playing with her and some cards on my desk when I got the idea about having her attached to the mechanism in the Katherine Label Pop Up Card die set, which is what I ended up going with.

I added the Skyline Border to the bottom of both panels on the inside of my card and a sentiment and cupcake on the left hand side. On the right I added Marci and as the card opens and closes she flies up and down.



Here is another look at the inside of my card, so you can see how far up Marci can go when the card is opened.


Here is a quick video so you can see my card as it opens and closes.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi


Stamps: Super Cupcake Marci - La La Land Crafts; Super Hero Stamp Set - Frantic Stamper; Birthday Cupcake - Inkadinkadoo; Feathered Friends - Dare 2B Artzy
Paper: White; Pink; Green;
Dies: Katherine Label Pop-Up; Cupcake Pop-Up - Karen Burniston; Stitched Squares; Dotted Scallop Squares - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Skyline Border; Solid Skyline - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

7 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

You consistently make the most awesome card!!! Absolutely adorable!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Such a fun card!! Love your image and papers!

Lois said...

What a fun, fun card!!!

Liz Williams said...

This is such fun from the cupcakes, to the papers, to the super hero, and to the masterful fold. A definite hit in my book. I have a little super hero stamp I have never used, pulled it out to use for this card, and realized he wasn't wearing a mask. So, I did a masking technique instead.

jojot said...

she is a masked beauty....cool fancy fold

MiamiKel said...

Oh she is just gorgeous - I forgot about this iittle masked LaLa land girl! Brilliant! Super card fold and just so cheerful - bravo!

Karen Aicken said...

This is SO cute - the little masked girl is perfect on the Katherine Label Pop-Up.