Thursday, June 8, 2017

Waving Hello


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. I continue to issue the challenge for the month of June.

Today is World Oceans Day, so for our challenge this week I asked the team to create something that reminds them of the ocean.



I had hoped to have had the new Lawn Fawn Waves add on that fits onto the Stitched Hillside Pop-Up die which is what I used to create my card. But as I couldn't use the waves I decided to use it anyway. 

I decorated my card using the Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You stamp set. I used my Scan N Cut to cut out all the images which made cutting so many images a breeze. Especially since I think I stamped almost every image in the set twice.



Here is a side view of my card so you can see the pop up part of the card a little better. I also found the sentiment in a freebie stamp set I received in a magazine recently.



For the front of the card I used the Stitched Hillside Pop Up die again to create the waves of my card. I hid the cut lines from the tab by placing some coral and weeds over them. The designer paper on the front of the card is a little bluer than that on the inside as the designer paper has an ombre look to it.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould



Stamps: Mermaid for You; Jump for Joy - Lawn Fawn; Sea View Collection - Sheena Douglas
Paper: White; Blue; Ripples DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Stitched Hillside Pop-Ups - Lawn Fawn; Pop It Ups Katie Label Pivot Card; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink; Shabby Shutters Distress Ink; Scan N Cut; Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen; Foam Tape; Copics



7 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Frances, I think I'm going to have to case this card. What fun!!!!!

Vicky Gould said...

Fun, fun, fun under the sea...love this card!

Lynn McAuley said...

What an adorable underwater scene!! Super cute, Frances!!

Lois said...

I love your sweet little merpeople cavorting under the sea!

Liz Williams said...

I love that pretty embossed pattern for the water, and your little sea creatures and mermaids and mergent are fabulous.

Karen Aicken said...

How sweet! Great underwater scene.

jojot said...

perfect dp and wonderful underwater features