Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Birthday to You


Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a card I created using the new Cupcake Pop-Up recently released by Karen Burniston. The set comes with two cupcakes (one large and one small) which can be used as a stand alone cupcake on anything you create or used with the Cupcake Pop-Up die included in the die set to create fun Cupcake Pop-Up cards.

I love how Karen has include plenty of instructions to help you create cards using her dies. Karen has include a step by step video and even a PDF file both which you can find on her shop website here.


For the edges of my card I used the cloud die from Karen's new Nature edges die set.  I cut it along my designer paper and then also a piece of green cardstock to layer underneath the designer paper piece.

I added Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front of my pink frosting and then adding Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the top to get some fun glitter frosting. The large cupcake case has been accordion folding as suggested by Karen in her construction video.


Here is another view of the inside of my card so you can see the pop up portion of the card a little better.


For the front I added another cupcake and a sentiment from the Word Set 2 - Birthday die set.

Paper: White; Pink; Dark Pink; Green; DP - DCWV
Dies: Cupcake Pop-Up; Katherine Label Pop-Up; Word Set 2 Birthday; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
Other: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Glossy Accents; Foam Tape; Copics




2 comments: