Saturday, April 29, 2017

Jazzy Birthday


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being the challenge hostess for the month, I finish off the month with one last challenge.


Tomorrow is International Jazz Day …. Include some for of music on your card. Music notes; inspired by a song; your favorite musican; music designer paper …. It's up to you!


For my card today I have created another Gatefold Shutter card using the Nellie Snellen Magic Card - Round die sets.

To decorate my card I used the Happy Birthday Melody die from Memory Box on both of the inside side panels. I added a stamped sentiment for the sentiment inside the circle, I had to cut it apart so that it would fit.

I also added a die from Tonic Studio to the centre panel.


Here is a view of my card when it is beginning to open, you can see how the shutter in the centre of the card is starting to open to reveal the sentiment which is hidden.



Here is the front of my card. I have added an die cut image and music notes from Tonic Studios.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Kristine Reynolds (April Guest Designer)



Stamps: Have a Real Jazzy Birthday - Rubbernecker Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Yellow; Rock Star DP - Best Creations Inc.; Family Fun DP - American Crafts
Dies: Magic Card Die Round - Nellie Snellen; Saxophone Solo; Musical Notes; Dance Tribute - Tonic Studios; Happy Birthday Melody - Memory Box
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card for the challenge. Yes, we both did a gatefold, with similar colours. Great minds! Yours is all fancy schmancy inside though, with those cool shutter dies. :-)

Liz Williams said...

Awesome card!!!

jojot said...

Amazing, Hoots