Thursday, April 6, 2017

HB2U


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess for the month which is Joanne Grzelak.


The first week of April is called Read a Road Map Week. I want you to take a scenic road trip on your card in some way. Have fun with this!!

For my card this week I have made another Double Z Fold Card, I am really enjoying making this style of card right now.


Along the bottom of the card I added some grass and a road. On the left hand side of the card I added a card which was created using the MFT Die-namics Joy Ride die set which I have had for a couple of years waiting to be used :)

I had wanted to use a road map at the back on the left hand side, but the ones I found I didn't like and didn't work with my designer paper I used on the right panels of my card which represent the scenic road trip. There are time when we take a long road trip that all we see for miles and miles are trees and grass etc.


When I was searching for the right sentiment to work with this card I found this one about "A Birthday being the first day of another 365 day journey" ... I figured that worked well with the challenge theme and my card. 


Finally here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to put in an envelope.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould


Stamps: Birthday - Kaisercraft; Airplane Sentiments - MFT Stamps`
Paper: White; Black; Red; Green; Grey; Silver; Bear Bell DP - October Afternoon
Dies: Joy Ride; Hit the Road - MFT Stamps; Pop it Ups Outdoor  Edges; Stitched Fishtails; Fitted Fishtails - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Acetate; Foam Tape



7 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Love how your car is zipping through its scenic adventure on this terrific z card. Always amazing.

Lynn McAuley said...

What guy wouldn't love this amazing birthday card!! Sensational work on this fabulous design, Frances!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Absolutely fun card with the folded road and RED sedan!!

Lois said...

This is put together so well, Frances! I love the "road" along the extra panel across the bottom of the card.

jojot said...

love that bold sentiment AND the wonderful road, car, and surroundings

Vicky Gould said...

You always have the perfect images for our challenges and the neatest folds, Frances! Gotta love it!

Karen Aicken said...

Perfect man card. Ditto on the Double Z fold. :-)