Sunday, April 2, 2017

Don't Believe in Aging


Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Radiating Rays Stencil available from My Favorite Things. I remembered that I had an old PSX sentiment stamp that referred to the sun, so I decided to pull that out and use it on my first card using the stencil.

It's a pretty simple card. I cut a piece of yellow cardstock, layered the stencil over the top and sponged on yellow ink. I then stamped the sentiment, used a stitched circle die to die cut the sentiment and layered it over the top of the rays background using foam tape. I then adhered it to a top folding white card.


I normally like to decorate the inside of my card. For this one I  die a sun and the clouds from Garden Notes Clouds and Grass die set and adhered them to the bottom of the card so the sun is peeking out.

I then added two sentiments to the card.

Stamps: Aspects to the Sun - PSX; Rainy Day Sentiment - CC Designs; General Sentiments - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Yellow
Dies: Stitched Circles; Garden Notes Clouds & Grass - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Sunshine - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Yellow Ink; MFT Stamps Radiating Rays Stencil; Fun Foam



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a sunshiny bright and cheerful card. That stencil arrived here as well, and I have that same PSX word stamp! We are peas in a pod, Frances.

jojot said...

a sunshine delight