Saturday, October 8, 2016

Swinging by to Say


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Our challenge hostess for the month, Caz Counsell continues to issue the challenges.


Color wheel mix up... find your favorite  2 colors on the wheel and use  the  2 colors on the  opposite side of the wheel …. this will challenge you to maybe use colors you would usually shy away from.

It took me a little while to decide what two colors to use because the designer paper normally dictates the colors I use. But after some thought I decided my favorite color was blue ... opposite on the color wheel is orange. I also use red and the opposite of red on the color wheel is green. So I decided on Orange and Green, as luck would have it when I looked through my designer paper stash I had some with those two colors on it ... yay!



For my card today I created a Pull Card using the Oval Pull Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

A friend of mine had asked earlier when I made this whether the Entwined Circles from Elizabeth Craft Designs would fit on the Oval Pull Card, so of course I had to test to find out if they would. As you can see it does fit ... kind of! It is a little wider than the oval of the pull card, so I just let it hang over and then die cut another with the adhesive on the front of the card so when I turned it over it would adhere to the back of the oval when you pull the card open. Now you can't see that it was too wide :)

The image is one I have had for quite a few years and is discontinued.




When you "pull" the card open it reveals the sentiment and you can also see how the Entwined Oval matches the one on the front.

I also added a few Entwined Circles on the two side panels of the card.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.
Heidi Green (October Guest Designer)



Stamps: Echidna on Swing - Lucy's Stamps; Swinging By - Paper Pretties; Square Sayings - Simon Says Stamp
Paper: White; Orange; Green; Cat Attitude DP - FabScraps
Dies: Oval Pull Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Entwined Ovals; Entwined Circles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products:  Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Orange/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This is SOOO cute!

Maryann said...

Love the orange and green so cute.