Monday, September 26, 2016

September 2016 Pop It Ups Designer Challenge #2


Welcome to our second Pop It Ups challenge for September. This time round the challenge is hosted by Caz Counsell and she has challenged us to "Be Inspired" - Take inspiration from a fellow teammate for a card or technique of any theme!

I must admit that I love this type of challenge as it gives me the opportunity to use some of those wonderful ideas my fellow teammates have come up with in the past.


For my card today I took inspiration from two of my fellow teammates ... Kelly Booth for her card where she combined the Anita Frames Pop Up with the Iron Fence Pop Up die sets which you can see here

The second teammate I took inspiration from was Caz Counsell who used the created a fabulous summery scene using the Iron Fence Pop Up and the All Seasons Tree which you can find here

My card is larger than I would normally make being 6 inches tall by 7 1/4 inches wide  when closed. To allow for the 14 1/2 inch wide designer paper on the inside, I cut my designer paper at 6 inches x 12 inches and scored at 7 1/4 inches and then cut another piece of designer paper about 4 inches wide and joined joined the two pieces together. The tree on the right hand side of the card hides most of where the join is.



Here is a close up photo of the left side of my card. Before adding the Iron Fence Pop-Up to my card, I die cut two long pieces of green card using the grass border from the Outdoor Edges die set and added that to the bottom of my card which had already been die cut using the Anita Frames Pop Up die set.

You can see Karen Burniston's video on how to use the Iron Fence Pop Up here. I added the Iron Fence to both sides of the card before adding the trees, so I knew where I needed to position the trees on my card.



Here is a close up photo of the right side of my card. I used the All Seasons Tree which I die cut in brown cardstock and leafy designer paper. 

I also added die cut the flowers also included in the All Seasons Tree die set and added those along the bottom of the fence. I added Pink/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to each of the centres of the flowers. 

I die cut two of the birds also included in the Iron Fence Pop Up die set and colored them using copic markers another idea I got from Caz. 

To finish off the inside of the card I added sentiments from the Occasions Clear Stamp set and the Just a Note Clear Stamp set. 


For the front of the card I continued the scene, using the Iron Fence Pop-Up along the bottom of the card. I also added the border from the Outdoor Edges die set prior to adding the fence to the card.

This time round I used the All Seasons Tree as a branch rather than a tree. I also added more flowers along the bottom of the fence. 

Finally I added the sun from the Oval Pull Card die set to the top left hand corner of the card.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (now online only).

Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Tuesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.

Stamps: Occasions Clear Stamp Set; Just A Note Clear Stamp Set - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Teal; Pink; Brown; Imagine DP - Authentique; Live Loud Ear Candy DP - Imaginisce; Train Ride DP - Bella Blvd
Dies: Anita Frames Pop Up; Iron Fence Pop Up; Outdoor Edges; All Seasons Tree; Oval Pull Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Pink/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics





4 comments:

Maryann said...

So much inspiration in this card, it looks amazing

CASTOWNE said...

What a beautiful scene you have created on this card.

Gina said...

So cute. I just got the iron fence. What a great idea.

jojot said...

absolutely beautiful...would love to take a walk through such a place