Thursday, August 18, 2016

Super Birthday



Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Liz Williams our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently Tomorrow is Liz's birthday, as it is Bill Clinton, and in honor of Orville Wright (who also shares this birthday with Liz), Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a proclamation to make it National Aviation Day. I thought it would be fun to hunt down an image of something man has made fly in the air. It might be an airplane, helicopter, rocket, jet, or hot air balloon. If none of these are available to you, how about a kite or a simple birthday balloon? Our bonus can be to make it a birthday card!!! 



Now I confess that I have gone a tiny bit off brief for this week's challenge (sorry Liz!) ... but when I was thinking about the challenge and things that fly, I couldn't help but think about one of the new dies I purchased a month or two ago the Flying Hero. Of course it looks a like Superman and I thought of the saying that used to intro the tv show way back when ... "It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!" as I have been wanting to play with this die I decided to use that for my card this week. But just so that I am not completely off brief ... if you look at the top right hand corner there is a plane in the air :)

As you can see I have again used the Twist Circle Pop Up die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I seem to have been using this die set for the last few CCEE challenges, but I am having sooooooo much fun with it and it really suited this die set.

I turned the circle into a moon and used the Stage It Stencil - Petite Flourish to create the moon craters (I kept moving the stencil after sponging with ink, to get the cratered look).

I added the City Scape along the lower edge of the card.

I do at least earn bonus points for my card this week as I did make it a birthday card, adding the sentiment to the top left hand corner.



For the front of my card I added another City Scape and also added the Simply Super Shield.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Stamps: Superheroes - Frantic Stamper Inc.
Paper: White; Black; Yellow; Letters to Santa Paper Pack - Papermania
Dies: Twist Circle Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Fitted Circles; Fitted Squares - ECD; Flying Hero; Pow, Zap, Bam; Simply Super Shield - Frantic Stamper Inc.; City Scape; Solid City Scape; You Move Me - MFT Stamps;
Other: Versamark Ink; Pumice Stone Distress Ink;  Stage It Stencil Petite Flourish - ECD; White Embossing Ink; Foam Tape



8 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulous design with its pop out Superman surprise!! Awesome card, Frances!

Vicky Gould said...

What a unique, creative way to do this challenge. Everyone loves Superman!

Liz Williams said...

Super heroes are the best flying things ever!! Your cards are always amazing and wow, just like the superwoman that you are!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I have a grandson who is really enamored of superheroes, and this would be perfect for him! How clever you are, Frances!! Love this as a night sky card.

CASTOWNE said...

SUPER card!

Maryann said...

Super super card love these dies

Lois said...

A SUPER card!!!

jojot said...

truly a super card.....bold in design, fab in theme