Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Karen Burniston June Designer Challenge Day 2


Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday I have another card for our June Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round Karen has given us the theme ....  Summer Lovin'! Make a project to celebrate Summer - this could be nature, or beach or 4th of July or anything that means "summer" to you.

This time round I went with an ice cream theme .... who doesn't love having an ice cream during summer!



As you can see by the photo above I have created a pop up card. For this I used the pop up die that comes in Karen's Hot Air Balloon die set. I also used Jinks the Monkey  and the Ice Cream Cone die set.

To decorate the top and bottom edges of the inside of my card I used the oval die from the Pull Card Edges die set.  Each panel was embossing using the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder.

The sentiment has been layered using the Stitched Ovals and Dotted Scallop Ovals die sets.


Here is another photo of the inside of my card taken at a different angle so you can see the pop up a little better.

All cardstock used on this card is from Elizabeth Craft Designs Soft Finish Cardstock.



I kept the front of my card fairly simple see the focus is on the pop up on the inside. I again used the Oval die from the Pull Card Edges die set to create the designer paper panel. I then added the sentiment panel using the Stitched Ovals and Dotted Scallop Ovals die sets.

The sentiment is from the Just a Note Clear Stamp set.

Along the top of the card I die cut a border from the Bead Strings 2 die set which I cut out from pink and brown. I layered the border so just a small amount of brown shows through under the pink border. I then added Clear/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the beaded areas of the diet.


If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).


Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.

Stamps: Just a Note Clear Stamps - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; What's the Scoop - Hero Arts
Paper: White; Pink Peach; Rust; Mustard; Sunflower and Dark Chocolate Soft Finish Cardstock - ECD; Soak Up The Sun Ice Cream DP - Carta Bella
Dies: Jinks the Monkey; Hot Air Balloon; Pull Card Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Ice Cream; Stitched Ovals; Dotted Scallop Ovals; Beaded Strings 2 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Lots of Dots Embossing Folder; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Clear/Silver Glitter Dots
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape


3 comments:

Maryann said...

What a great summer card, love the ice-cream die as a pop up, that designer paper is just perfect too.

CASTOWNE said...

Makes me want to go out and buy and 3-scoop ice cream cone right now...only, all of my scoops would be chocolate...HA!HA! Love this card.

Karen Aicken said...

Love your Jinks on the ice cream cone. So fun!