Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Gift Cards


Hi everyone,

A week or two ago I shared a gift card I created for a challenge with a couple of friends of mine using a Mini Side Stepper Card die which was a freebie on the front of a recent Tattered Lace Card. You can see that card here.



Seeing the gift card was so small I decided I needed to play with the die a little more for the challenge. As this die would be perfect to create some special gift cards for Christmas, I decided to go with that them for my gift cards today .... yes I know it is only March (shock horror) I think this is the earliest I have ever made something Christmas related and it was much choice!


To give you a sense of how small these gift tags are I have photographed three of them beside the round blending tool. 

I used three of the dies from Taylored Expressions Christmas Treat Topper die set to decorate my gift cards.


For the candy cane, I die cut the solid candy cane with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front and added Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter after adhering the candy cane to the back of the red candy cane.


For the Christmas Trees, I add Red/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers to the circle die cuts on the tree.


And finally for the ornament I die cut the solid ornament with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front of the solid and added Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter after adhering the solid ornament to the red ornament. I then colored the glitter with a copic marker using a color from the designer paper.

Paper: White; Red; Green; Pale Green; It's Christmas DP - Websters Pages
Dies: Mini Side Stepper Card - Tattered Lace; Christmas Treat Toppers - Taylored Expressions
Other: ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; ECD Warm Diamond Silk Microsoft Glitter; ECD Red Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

LOVE these Frances. I know it's early, but I plan on working on my Christmas tags this month as well. Ha - great minds think alike. This little side step die makes perfect tags and I love how you embellished them. Great thinking!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow....you have been busy....love that mini side step card