Saturday, March 26, 2016

Butterfly Wishes


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. As the challenge hostess for the month, I finish off the month with one last challenge.


According to the Days of the Year web site the 26th March is Purple Day.  Purple Day is a celebration aimed at raising worldwide awareness of epilepsy, a condition that affects over 65 million people globally. For our challenge this week include the color purple in your creations.



For my card today I have used the Butterfly Pivot Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I used the A Way with Words - Hello Sentiment in the lower right hand corner to which I have added Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter. I have also offset the sentiment slightly with a lighter lavender card.


To decorate the butterfly panel I used the decorative butterflies included in the Butterfly Pivot Card die set. For the solid butterfly I added Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front of the card before die cutting and then covered the adhesive with Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter.

The detail butterfly has been die cut using Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.

For the sentiment on the right hand side I used layering dies from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set.


Here is a look at the back of my card. 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Stamps: Butterfly Wishes - Impression Obsession
Paper: White; Green; Lavender; Purple; Enjoying Outdoors Autumn Picnic - Maja Design
Dies: Butterfly Pivot Card; Katie Label Pivot Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; A Way with Words Hello - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Other: Black Ink






3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Beautiful card - I especially like the added 'hello'.

Maryann said...

Beautiful butterflies for this purple challenge

Joanne (jojot) said...

loving that purple.....great butterfly....a beauty