It’s my turn to share a Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Today I am excited to share with you three of the new die sets designed by Karen Burniston which are being released next week. The new Oval Landscape Accordion coordinates well with the Gift Card Accordion, so today I have combined the two to create my card. I have also used the new Trellis Wavy Frames which works with both of these accordion cards and one of the new character dies, Beaver the Baker.
Here is how I created my card:
The Card Base –
1. Die cut the following pieces:
From the Oval Landscape Accordion
- 2 Oval Landscape Accordion Pages from brown cardstock
- 2 medium oval labels from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 4 flourish corners from brown cardstock (adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to back of card before die cutting)
From the Gift Card Accordion
- 1 Gift Card Accordion Page from pink cardstock
From the Trellis Wavy Frames
- 3 Frames from pink card (adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to back of card before die cutting)
From Flourish Gift Frame
- 1 small rectangle label from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 1 medium rectangle label from pink cardstock
2. Lay the pages out on your work area so that the two oval pages are on either side of the rectangle page, ensuring that all tabs are towards the right hand side.
- Apply adhesive to the page tabs of the first oval page and attach it to the rectangle page. Then add adhesive to the tabs of the rectangle page and adhere this to the final oval page.
- Trim off tabs from the last page.
- Remove protective backing from the Wavy Trellis Frames and apply these to the front and back of the first oval page and to the front only of the last page.
- Add the corners to each of the corners on the centre page.
- Apply adhesive to the pink rectangle label and attach this over the label of the centre page to hide gift card holder notches.
- Using foam tape attach the white oval labels to the oval pages.
3. Using the Beaver the Baker Character die set die cut the following:
- (2) Solid Beaver Body from black cardstock
- (2) Detail Beaver Body from tan cardstock
- (2) Beaver Tails from tan cardstock
- (2) sets of Feet from tan cardstock
- (2) Noses from pink cardstock
- (2) sets of Whiskers from white cardstock
- (2) sets of Eyes from white cardstock
- (2) Buck Teeth from white cardstock
- (2) Cupcakes from blue cardstock
- (2) Icing layer from pink cardstock
(Note for easier assembly apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to the back of all the cardstock pieces before die cutting, except for the Solid Beaver Body.)
Assemble Beavers adding the cupcake under it’s hands.
4. Using black ink stamp the sentiment “Enjoy your day” from the Just a Note Clear Stamp set to the centre of the white rectangle label. Conor the word “Enjoy” using two different colors of brown markers to get a two tone effect.
- Next stamp the “Just a Note to say” sentiment above the first sentiment so that part of the sentiment is overlapping to copy the look of the first sentiment.
- Stamp the word “sweetie” and the cupcake. Color the cupcake.
- Attach the label to the centre page of your accordion card using foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1101 Beaver the Baker 1095 Gift Card Accordion 1096 Flourish Gift Frame 1108 Oval Landscape Accordion 1111 Trellis Wavy Frames CS011 Just a Note Clear Stamps PSF102 Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ x 11″ 100lb 508 Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm 507 Transparent Double Sided Tape 10mm Other: Cardstock: black, pink, brown, tan, blue Copic Markers Foam Tape