Saturday, June 20, 2015

It's A Girl


Hi everyone,


It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Danielle Lounds, our challenge hostess for the month continues to bring us the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for our Sketch Challenge. Danielle has given us a fun layout to play with this time round.




 I need a baby card for my niece who had a baby a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to use the sketch for the front of her card.

I did make my card a landscape style card rather than portrait style and as the sentiment is on the blocks, I omitted adding another sentiment under the blocks, although I guess I could have stamped congratulations, now I think of it.


It probably comes to no surprise that I created a pop up card on the inside ... I do them often enough, so of course I would for something special.

My niece's theme for the babies room is deers. Most of the deers I have are more Christmas themed or too small for my card, so I went looking on line for digital stamps and found this cutie from Pink Cat Studio. 

To create the pop up portion of my card I used the Lorna Labels Pop Up Card set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.


 Here is another view of my card, so you can see the pop up portion of the card a little better.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Baby Gnome Deer Digital Stamp - Pink Cat Studio; Wee Bit of Heaven - Verses
Paper: White; Pale Pink; Pink; Bundle of Joy A New Addition Girl - Echo Park
Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Circle Stax; Square Stax; Centerpieces Congratulations Shaker; Fishtail Flags Stax - MFT Stamps; It's a Girl - Cheery Lynn Designs
Other: Black Ink; Pink Ink; Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen; Foam Tape; Copics


3 comments:

fran said...

Sweet card - and darling image!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

So cute! Perfect brads for the card & darling images on the Lorna Label.

Karen Aicken said...

What a simply adorable baby card. Congratulations on your new little niece!