Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Crackers

Christmas-Crackers1wm

Hi everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day yesterday!

Each year for the past thirty odd years or so I have been creating my own Christmas crackers to use on Christmas Day. Last year I cheated by decorating store bought crackers and adding the gifts we wanted inside, so this year I was determined to create my own from scratch even though I was still pretty busy,

In the past I have used round formers to create my crackers but this time round I decided to get out my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Maker and created square Christmas Crackers … it is nice to do something different for a change. I did have run back up to my Craft store to get more designer paper as I hadn’t purchased enough the first time round … arghhhh! But we finally got there.

Christmas-Crackers2wm

Here is another view of my crackers … I had to stand on a chair to take these shots and I am not fond of standing on chairs!

Christmas-Crackers3wm

And here is a close up of three of my crackers. I decorated them using Elizabeth Craft Designs Holly Leaves and Berries. I covered a piece of white card with Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape and then die cut the Holly Leaves and Berries 19 times. I then used True Red Silk Microfine Glitter and Green Silk Microfine Glitter to decorate the Holly and Berries.

Paper: White; Green; Red
Dies: Holly Leaves & Berries – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape; True Red Silk Microfine Glitter; Green Silk Microfine Glitter

 

#aa-owl-signature

No comments: