Monday, October 20, 2014

It’s Owl Good!

TSOLHootFlipwm

Hi everyone,

Most of you who follow my blog, know that I LOVE owls! So of course I was super excited when I found out that The Stamps of Life would be releasing owl dies to coordinate with their Owls2love stamp set. These dies are being released today, so celebrate I am sharing 3 cards using this stamps/dies with you.

For my first card I used the middle sized owl together with the Sizzix Triple Fancy Frame Flip-its Card Framelits. I turned the tree designer paper onto it’s side so the trees looked like branches rather than trees.

TSOLHootFlip2wm

Here is the ‘flip’ side of my card, I cut apart a sentiment from the set so I could have one word on each of the labels (don’t worry I can still use the sentiment in it’s intended way when I want to Smile)

TSOLOwloweenwm

For my second card today, I created another flip-its card this time using the new Sizzix Circle Flip-its Card #4 Framelits which was released this month. This time round I created a Halloween themed card. It was just the perfect opportunity to use that fun owl  paper on the right hand side panel.

TSOLOwloween2wm

And of course there is an “Owl”oween stamp included in the Owls2Love stamp set which I used on the ‘flip’ side of my card.

TSOLOwlGoodwm

For my  final card today I created a Stand-Up card using the Sizzix Regal Stand-Ups Card Framelits. I used the outline owl  from the Owls2Love stamp set to stamp onto my designer papers and then I stamped the accessory body and added the beak, eyes and feet after I had die cut the owl with the new die of course.

TSOLOwlGood2wm

Here is the side on view of my card, so you can see the stand up portion of the card a little better.

TSOLOwlGood3wm

And finally, here is my card closed ready to be placed into an envelope.

Stamps: Owls2Love – The Stamps of Life
Paper: White;  Brown; Purple; Red; Tiny Woods DP – Kaisercraft; Haunted Manor DP – Doodlebug Designs Inc.; Fresh Prints DP – SU
Dies; Owl Dies – The Stamps of Life; Sizzix Triple Fancy Frame Flip-its Card Framelits; Sizzix Regal Stand-Up Card Framelits; Sizzix Regal Labels Framelits; Sizzix Phrases Framelits with Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Brown Ink; Candy Dots; Googly Eyes; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

well...aren't you having a hoot of a time with your hooters