Sunday, August 3, 2014

Happy Birthday

ElephantBday1-wm

Hi everyone,

Recently I needed to make a card for my sister’s birthday … she loves elephants. I normally have a few I have made during the year, but for some reason I must have given them all away so I had to make another hehe.

ElephantBday2-wm

I love making pop up cards so I decided to use the Lorna Label Pop Up designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

The elephant is an older Stampendous stamp I had in my stash. On the bottom rectangle pop up panel I added Happy Birthday using the Elizabeth Craft Designs Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper, I die cut this about 3 times so it was a thicker layer.

ElephantBday4-wm

On the bottom of each edge I added a layer of designer paper using the grass from the Outdoor Edges Die Set as a border. I also added the label panels to use to write my greeting.

ElephantBday3-wm

At the top of my card I used a Quotables die and stamped a sentiment.

ElephantBday-wm

Here is the front of my card. I added another of the elephant images. I also added another Happy Birthday layering the die in two colors.

Stamps: Elephant – Stampendous; Best Birthday Wishes – CC Designs
Paper: White; Pink; Bow and Arrow DP – Kaisercraft
Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up Card; Outdoor Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper – Elizabeth Craft Designs; Quotables – Paper Smooches
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!!!Very pretty!!!!Great colors!!!

Karen Aicken said...

What a cute birthday card - I bet your sister loved it.
Cheers
Karen

Joanne (jojot) said...

totally sweet pop up card