Saturday, June 28, 2014

Swingin’ By

SwinginAccord2-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.   Peggy McCurry our challenge hostess for June finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Our challenge this week is ….. Summer/Winter
We are now past the 21st of June and for those of us north of the Equator we are officially into summer and those “down under” are into winter. My challenge, depending on where you live, is to make a card/project that depicts the season where you are.

Down here in Australia winter officially started on the 1st June, and I guess technically I should have created a card with snow etc on it. However where I live we NEVER have snow and this year we seem to be experiencing a very mild winter so far. It isn’t really that cool.  And whether it was winter or summer my Grandchildren can have fun playing on their swings, so I decided to use this card for my challenge card today.

SwinginAccord3-wm

As you can see I have created an accordion card combining the Oval Accordion Card die with the new Katie Label Accordion card die designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. I was so excited when I saw that Karen had created another accordion die the same size as the Oval one as I just love combining the two together. The Katie Label Accordion Card die will be released by Elizabeth Crafts Designs in July.

Oh and if you look at the border on the Oval Accordion page, you can see a new Frame Edge die for the Oval Accordion … Clouds what fun!

SwinginAccord4-wm

I used CC Designs Roberto’s Rascals Swingin’ stamp for the left and right panels, I know I have said it before but these guys so look like my Grandkids hehe! The sentiment on the centre panel was created on my computer.

SwinginAccord-wm

And here is my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope as you can see I have also added some flowers to my card which were created using the Elizabeth Craft Designs Flower Set 3.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Mary Marsh
  • Stamps: Roberto’s Rascals Swingin’ – CC Designs
    Paper: White; Blue; Orange; Red; Summer DP – Echo Park
    Dies: Oval Accordion; Katie Label Accordion; Oval Clouds Frame Edges designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Flower Set 3 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
    Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

    2 comments:

    Karen Aicken said...

    Frances I always love to see how you've combined the Accordion pages - you do such a good job. This is a fun card, with those adorable kiddos.
    Cheers
    Karen

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    fun and happy card