Sunday, March 30, 2014

If Friends Were Flowers!

ECDDaisyFlower-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our very first Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge for 2014 and I am excited to be part of this awesome Design Team, the designers are so talented!!!

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog tomorrow (Monday), when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Our theme this month is …. flowers!

ECDDaisyFlower2-wm

For my card today I decided to create a Pivot card using the Katie Label Pivot Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

To decorate my card I decided to use the Daisy Die and various colors of Shimmer Sheetz (see supply list below for colors used) to create my flowers. The daisy, leaves and stem are all included in this die set. On the front of the card I also added some grass which is from the Garden Bench Pop-Up Die set.  
Tip: You will need to use the Cuttlebug / Big Shot Metal Adaptor Plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz.

ECDDaisyFlower3-wm

I added some bees around the flowers and also on the sentiment panels, I die cut the wings using double sided adhesive paper and once the bees were assembled I added the Warm Diamond Glitter to the wings to give them a bit of sparkle.

ECDDaisyFlower4-wm

Along the join of the designer papers on the inside of my card I added the Lace Fan 2 Peel-Off Sticker border.

ECDDaisyFlower5-wm

Here is a view of the back of my card, I love that the back has some interest to it along with the rest of the card Smile.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Monday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Here are the products I used to create my card:


Stamps: Simply Sentiments – Lizzie Anne Designs; Garden of Friendship – See-D’s
Paper: White; Black; Yellow; Lucky Me Orange Crush DP – My Mind’s Eye
Elizabeth Craft Designs Dies: Katie Label Pivot Card (Designed by Karen Burniston; Garden Bench Pop Up (Designed by Karen Burniston); Daisy; Bees
Shimmer Sheetz: Orange Iris; Yellow Iris; Basic Black; Peridot Gemstone; Green Iridescent – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; ECD Lace Fan 2 Peel-Off Sticker Border; ECD Double Sided Adhesive Paper; ECD Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Metal Adaptor Plate; Big Shot; Foam Tape

#aa-owl-signature

7 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card for the Flower Challenge, Frances! Love all your blooms, the colours - and of course you have the perfect stamps to go with it. My favourite though, is the way you used the black border Peel-Off. Gotta get me some more of those now!
Cheers
Karen A

Unknown said...

Gorgeous fun card. Love the sentiments.

Joset said...

So excited to share this card on our blog on Monday! Love the flowers and bees and the lace fan detail. Really pretty!

Joset said...

So excited to share this card on our blog on Monday! Love the flowers and bees and the lace fan detail. Really pretty!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful card! Those little bees & flowers are fabulous....oh and the Shimmer Sheetz too.

Joanne (jojot) said...

loving that 'full bloom' sentiment

Mel said...

You inspired me to buy that pivot die, Frances. Hope I can produce some things half as gorgeous as yours. The full bloom sentiment is wonderful.