Sunday, March 2, 2014

Candle Birthday

CandleBday1-wm

Hi everyone,

As many of you know, I was asked to join the Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team which I am super excited about. Yesterday my Design Team parcel arrived with an array of wonderful products inside … Dies; Silk Microfine Glitters; Shimmer Sheetz; Peel-Off Sticker Sheets etc. Wow it was amazing.

Of course I wanted to play so today I decided to play with the Candle; Gifts and Happy Birthday dies which were included in the parcel to create this pop up card.

For anyone who lives in the Brisbane area in Australia, I will have this card on display at the demo I am giving today at Photo Continental as part of their Silly Sunday event … so if you are local come on along you won’t be sorry. I will be demoing Karen Burniston’s Pop It Up dies and Elizabeth Craft Design products.

CandleBday2-wm

For my pop up card I used the Lots of Pops Pop-Up die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs for my card base.

I created the fancy edge at the top and bottom of my card by using one of the edges from the Agatha Edges die set and then decorated the edges by adding the flourish from this same set underneath the edge.

The sentiment has been added to one of the labels from the Katie Label Die set.

CandleBday4-wm

For the candles and gift I decided to use some of the wonderful Silk Microfine Glitters which I received. I die cut the candles and gift using some of the double sided adhesive papers and then used various colored glitters: Warm Diamond; Solar Gold; True Red; Peony Pink; Lavender; Soft Teal and Spring Peridot.

CandleBday3-wm

Here is a side view of the inside of my pop up card.

CandleBday

For the front I kept it fairly simple seeing the focus is on the inside, but I couldn’t resist playing with the candles and the Silk Microfine Glitters again, I kept the colors the same as the candles on the inside.

Here are the products I used on my card today:

Paper: Cream; Red; It’s A Celebration DP – Crate Paper

 

#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Karen B said...

Wow! This is a great showcase of the ECD glitters and how fabulously all the dies work together. Congrats on the new team, Frances! (Remember - I require a photo of the 3 of you . . . )

Rita Edwards - Edwards Design said...

This is a lovely card, Frances! You really combined so many wonderful elements that I'm just sitting here in awe admiring your card!
hugs, Rita

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous pop up card....fun and festive