Thursday, March 20, 2014

Blue Skies!

CCEE1412Autumn1a-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Joanne Grzelak our challenge hostess for March continues to bring us a fun challenge.

Our challenge this week is …. Spring or Autumn Scene.
Spring has Sprung here in the U.S. Frances, in Australia, is facing Autumn. One thing these two seasons share are bright blue skies and lots of color in nature. Make a card/project with a spring or autumn scene including blue skies. Since it is my sister’s birthday today, you’ll get bonus points if it is a birthday card.

CCEE1412Autumn-wm

For my card today I used some of my favorite stamps from CC Designs to create an Autumn scene… these stamps so look like my darling Grand Children Smile.

As you can see I have created a pop-up card using the Lots of Pops Pop-Up set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. I have also used the All Season tree and added some ‘autumn’ leaves ….. I added some lines to the leaves to make them look like the leaves of the image.

For the fancy shape at the top and bottom of my card I used one of the edges from the Agatha Edges set as well as the flourish from this set.

CCEE1412Autumn1-wm

For the sentiment, I used one of the labels from the Katie Label Pivot Card set. This is the second half of the sentiment as the first part is on the front of the card.

CCEE1412Autumn2-wm

Here is the front of the card, I used another image from CC Designs and the first part of the sentiment.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

  • Amber Hillman
  • Anne Harmon
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Kathy Bradley
  • Lois Bak
  • Sabrina Friel
  • Shirley Quarry
  • Vicky Gould
  • Here are the products I used to create my card today:

  •  

    Stamps: Twila’s Leafy Friends; Playful Henry – CC Designs; Rainbow Colors of Laughter – Verses
    Paper: White; Rust; Telegraph Road DP – KaiserCraft
    Pop It Ups: Lots of Pops; Garden Bench; All Season Tree; Oval Accordion; Katie Label Pivot Card; Agatha Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
    Other: Black Ink; Sizzix Sassy Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

  • 7 comments:

    raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

    Your card is so cute, love the little boy sitting with the leaves & the All Seasons Tree.

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    another 'popping' sweet card....love the 3D scene you have created.....Happy Autumn to you, my friend....

    Lois said...

    You always have such creativity in your cards, and this one was no exception! Cute, cute, cute!!!

    Vicky Gould said...

    Autumn is my fav season...however, after the long, COLD winter we've had, I'm ready for spring. You enjoy your autumn.

    (a couple times this year, they said we were colder than Fairbanks, Alaska...and that's COLD!!)

    Of course, this is another fabulous Frances creation!

    jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

    What a cute card....I remember taking toys out to play under the trees........so long ago!

    Karen Aicken said...

    LOVE this Frances - such sweet images and fabulous colour combo. Wow!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    Sabrina said...

    This is just darling, Frances! It's been fun seeing all the Spring cards but there's no doubt that I prefer autumn and the falling leaves, with their colour and crispness. And you've created such a delightful leafy scene here, with a few last leaves clinging to the tree.