Wednesday, February 19, 2014

You’re A Hoot!

Older&Wiser-wm

Hi everyone!

Last week during our Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, Karen shared with everyone a technique on how to double the height of the Katie Label Pivot Card which allows us to use larger images when using this die. You can find Karen’s Video Tutorial on this technique here.

Ever since then I have been wanting to try out this technique, and finally on the weekend I got a chance to sit down and create a card using this technique … such a fun technique!!!!

As I had a new owl stamp needing to be used and some feather designer paper which I had purchased last week to use with some of my owl stamps, it wasn’t hard to decide what I would use to create this card. The owl used here is from Whiff of Joy.

Older&Wiser2-wm

For my card I have used the Karen Burniston/Elizabeth Craft Designs Katie Label Pivot Card; Fancy Label Accordion Card and the Agatha Edges die sets as per Karen’s video.

The Agatha Edges help hid the fold in the designer paper as do the layers created by using the Fancy Label Accordion dies on the pivot section of the card.

 Older&Wiser3-wm

Here is a look at the back of the card.

Thanks Karen for another FUN tutorial!!!!

Stamps: Owl Be Thinking Of You – Whiff of Joy; Older & Wiser; Hoot – Kaszazz
Paper: White; Cream; Rust; Morning Light DP – Kaisercraft
Pop It Ups Dies: Katie Label Pivot Card; Fancy Label Accordion; Agatha Edges – Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Thin Black Tape; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Karen B said...

Thank YOU, FB, for giving the technique a try and so brilliantly, too! Love this!

Queen Mary said...

Frances I have been loving everything you've been doing with these cards! They are fantastic! I particularly love this one with the owl and the sentiment and feather paper. I'm going to check out the tutorial video. I'm not sure I can figure them out though.....

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Paper to perfectly match the owls, love it. Fab double high Katie.

Sue Ann F. said...

Love this card. The use of the feathered paper with the adorable feathered owl, and the Sentiment is a great combo.

Karen Aicken said...

Another winning card, Frances. LOVE these colours!!
Cheers
Karen A

Joanne (jojot) said...

what cool dp to go with your sweet owl