Thursday, August 8, 2013

Penny’s Pet

CCEE1332-PennysPet2-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog.  Vicky Gould our challenge hostess for the month of August continues to bring us some fun challenges.

Vicky has challenged us this week to Make your own embellishments, buttons, flowers, brads, etc. Use at least two designer papers and an embossing folder.

I recently discovered a new (to me) digital stamp store online called Di’s Digi Stamps … she had some fun images including a few owls I had to have and the image above was another I just had to have because my sister loves elephants haha! This is called Penny’s Pet.

The embellishments I used on here which I made are the roses on the top left hand corner of my card … these are made using a mold and some paper clay and then airbrushed with my copic airbrush. It is an absolute fluke that I used more then 2 designer papers on here as I only read the embellishments part of this challenge before I made my card oops … but you might notice I didn’t use an embossing folder … oops!

CCEE1332-PennysPet-wm

Here is the inside of my card …. as I mentioned above I didn’t read I needed to use an embossing folder until AFTER my card was made, so once I found out and I hadn’t done the inside at the time I was able to emboss a piece of designer paper and use that. So I have completed the challenge as I was supposed to…. Vicky didn’t say it all had to be on the front haha Winking smile, and I know she even forgot that part of the challenge which is just too funny!

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Stamps: Penny’s Pet Digi Stamp – Di’s Digi Stamps;  Birthday Greetings Set – Kaszazz
Paper: White; Pink; Orange; Butterfly Kisses DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Black Ink; MFT Die-namics Circle Stax; Pink Ribbon; Paper Clay; Rose Mold; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

The card is wonderful and absolutly cute. I also like the Bithday wish :)
Ilse (thera)

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card!!!Love the colors,awesome image!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOW! Those roses were a surprise! What a great job you did making them. Very cute image with the ellie........adorable card.

Lois said...

Good save with the embossing folder on the inside! The outside is adorable -- I love those roses.

Sabrina said...

Well done on sneaking in some embossing on the inside. I admit that I first latched onto the embellishments and it was only as I read more carefully I realised Vicky had thrown in several other requirements ;-).
And those flower embellishments - wow! I was looking at some little moulds on a cake-decorating site thinking I could use them with clay; I think you've just persuaded me to order them.

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
Adorable card (inside/outside) and I love that image - it is darling!

Vicky Gould said...

What an adorable image, Frances...love your choice of colors!

(Stopped in to check out my email and comment on today's CCEE cards. My sis is in a lot of pain, but that's to be expected. We do believe this fusion worked and in 6 months or so, she'll be good as new! No internet there and I'm in withdrawal!)

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is pure sweetness