Thursday, March 14, 2013

Best Wishes

CCEE1311-Birds-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Charlene Merrick continues to issue the challenges.

Pencils Only, Please. No markers, no crayons, no reinkers. Use colored pencils to color your image.

Normally I would be complaining about a challenge like this, but recently I was playing with my Faber-Castell Pastel Pencils and as they are pencils I figured I would use them for the challenge this week … I also remembered seeing this beautiful stamp in my stash when I was looking for something else recently which was perfect for the technique I wanted to use on my card, which is the Black Magic Technique.

I stamped the image onto black card using white ink and once that was dry I colored over the white areas using my Pastel Pencils. I added blue rhinestones to the centres of each of the flowers.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: CardArt Decorative Birds – Hero Arts
Paper: White; Black; Pink
Other: White Ink; Faber-Castell Pastel Pencils; Pink Button; Hemp Cord; Blue Ribbon; Foam Tape

#aa-owl-signature

12 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

what a beautiful card using this technique frances.

Vicky Gould said...

Wow, wow,wow! Awesome coloring technique!

Unknown said...

Hey Francis - I just wanted to say thank you for the tutorial on the step card. This is what I made with your instructions!!! Gave you a shout out on my blog for it!! Thanks again,
Trudy
http://stickyfingersblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/tsunami-rose-challenge-11-step-card.html

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I like the black magic technique.

Benzi said...

Ooh, very pretty black magic card. That is a technique I've never tried.

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
Beautiful and elegant card and what an awesome technique!

Joanne (jojot) said...

you did a beautiful job with that technique, Hoots...gorgeous...love that button/ribbon finishing touch

Sabrina said...

That's just beautiful! It reminds me so much of the lacquered painted furniture in an old house we used to visit - especially with the birds lending an extra Asian touch.

Cindy Haffner said...

LOVE this!!~

Lois said...

What a beautiful card -- marvelous job with those pencils!

Jean said...

I love your pretty card, that is a great technique.
Jean x

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I love the black magic technique and haven't done it in a while. Your card is stunning, Frances!