Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mouse in the House … MFT New Product Tour!

MFT MouseInHouse wm

Hi everyone,

It’s release day over on MFT Stamps, which means it is time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for our New Product Tour! All the new products are available NOW, right HERE, in the Brand Spankin' New category of the MFT Stamps store.

Head on over to the MFT blog so you can go on the tour and see the list of Design Team members and which of the new products they will be showcasing for you today.

NewProductTour

MFT MouseInHouse3 wm

Today I am featuring the new Mouse in the House - Do Not Disturb This Mouse, this stamp set is totally adorable, don’t you think!!!!!!

For my project today I used this stamp set and created a Book Card, there were a few learning curves to work out the best way to do the pages for this book, but I finally got there.

MFT MouseInHouse4 wm

I used the Die-namics Circle Stax 1 & 2 to layer the mouse onto. The chair, footstool, pillow and shirt are all paper pieced. I used a black marker to draw in the lines for the floorboards and added some designer paper for the wallpaper.

I used the Die-namics Chat Bubbles to add the ‘zzzzzzzzzzz’ sentiment to my image. Along the bottom of my front cover I added some chevrons using the Die-namics Chevron Stripes.

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT MouseInHouse2 wm

Here is another view of my book card this time so you can see the spine of my book…. complete with title which is one of the sentiments from the stamp set.

MFT MouseInHouse5 wm

Here is the inside of my book card. On the left hand cover page I added a sentiment and used the Die-namics Layered Label Die.

One the right side I have my ‘pages’, these were made by scoring 4 pieces of card and accordion folding them and linking them together to form a rectangle with a centre opening. I have put some chocolates into my opening, but you could also put another image or whatever you wanted. I created a border along the top and bottom of the pages using the Die-namics Chevron Stripes.

MFT_layered label Die-namicsSMALL

Well that is about it from me for today, don’t forget to visit Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so you can check out all the wonderful creations the other MFT Design Team have created.

Stamps: Mouse in the House - Do Not Disturb This Mouse – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Green; Rust; On the Bright Side DP – My Mind’s Eye
Die-namics: Circle Stax 1 & 2; Chevron Stripes; Chat Bubbles; Layered Labels – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Scor-Pal; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

15 comments:

Isabel Z said...

I love what you created--such attention to detail and so creative!

Angel said...

this is so very cool! love the scene you made!! wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone told you how brilliant you are lately!!!! Well you are!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so darn cute, I love it

zehra said...

Wow, I always love the different innovative ways you make cards, TFS

Melody said...

Love the book idea!

Karen Motz said...

Love all the paper piecing Frances!!!

sparkling stamper said...

What a great gift! Love the paper-piecing!

Cyndi said...

Awesome project, thanks for sharing.

Cindi said...

Wow this is so cute! I love the book card and the way you did the wallpaper and floor is so great!

Debbie Carriere said...

Frances, this is so fantastic!!! Awesome paper piecing!!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Frances! How FABULOUS!! LOVE that you created a book...this is GORGEOUS!

Cindy Haffner said...

BRILLIANT Frances!!~

Maureen (Moe) Buck said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Did you make up the "book.box" or is there a tutorial for that?

My friend is a "librarian" and it'd make a perfect "card" for her upcoming birthday.

Love your blog!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG, Hoots....I just love this book card....am going to have to go back and see if you referred a tutorial on how to make it....fab treat package/card all in one