Thursday, October 14, 2010

Birdhouse!

CCEE1041-Birdhouse2-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another challenge with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Shirley, who is our challenge hostess for the month has challenged us to incorporate wood in our card/project. It can be faux wood, stamp, embossing folder, DP etc.

CCEE1041-Birdhouse-wm

As I have the SU milk carton die, I decided to create a bird house. I have seen these on many blogs since the die came out and loved what I saw so decided I needed to have one of my own.

The wood part of this challenge was created using a Sizzix wood grain embossing folder. After cutting the milk carton out, I then embossed it using the folder. Adding ink to the folder before embossing.

CCEE1041-Birdhouse3-wm 

Here is another view of my bird house …. you can see the wood grain texture better on the sides of the birdhouse.

I also added some twine through the roof of my birdhouse so it can be hung up ….maybe I will add it to my Christmas tree this year.

CCEE1041-Birdhouse4-wm

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Paper: Tan; Red; Blue; Yellow; Green
Other: Tan Ink; Sizzix Wood grain Embossing Folder; Bird Punch; Milk Carton Die; EK Success Border Punch; Circle Punch; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

7 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

how clever is this...you did a great job....looks so real

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET Frances!!

Dawn said...

This is THE CUTEST! I need to make one too!

wannabcre8tive said...

Love your birdhouse, so creative.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I adore your birdhouse Hoots!! It's super sweet!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Frances...your bird house is fabulous!!! Totally awesome idea for the challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get here, Hootsie; it's been a crazy day! Your birdhouse is so BEAUTIFUL! I love birdhouses and really should think about getting that die myself. Awesome job on today's challenge!