Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hope Your Holidays Are A Hoot!

CCEE1029-Owly-Christmas-wm

Hi all,

My card today is for this week’s challenge with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. All this month Joanne Grzelak who is our challenge hostess for the July has been given us fun sketches to work with … but there is a twist we also have to follow.

Joanne’s twist for this week’s sketch challenge was a Christmas in July theme we had to make our cards either winter or holiday themed. Now Christmas for me is right smack in the middle of summer so I am not thinking winter when I think Christmas …. hehehehe.

Anyway I went searching in my Christmas stash for a stamp to use on my card and found this cute owl that I haven’t used for a couple of years which I thought would be perfect. I also decided to keep to traditional colors.

CCEE1029-Owly-Christmas2-wm

Here is the inside of my card, the sentiment is from MFT Stamps and I added the owl again in the bottom right corner.

My card also fits Cindy Haffner’s Dare to Get Dirty challenge over on SCS which was to create a card that includes a die and/or punches. The circle is of course a nestabilities die and the zigzag borders are created using the EK Success Zigzag border punch.

CCEE1029

Here is the sketch … remember to add the Christmas in July (Winter/holiday) twist if you decide to play along this week.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Owl – Penny Black; Sentiment – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Green; DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; EK Success Zigzag Border Punch; Green Brads; Glitter; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

9 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just super adorable Hoots!! I love the ric-rac strips. And of course, that owl is simply charming!! Love this card!!

Vicki G said...

Ohhh my! This IS adorable!

Silli said...

Hehe, what a cute image... Fabby card Frances!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Hoooo! Hoooo!!! Love this cutie, Hootsie! Fab inside detailing, too.

Cindy Haffner said...

FUN FUN FUN

Joanne (jojot) said...

I LOVE the ric rac...was a fab design element in place of the panel....cool

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, Frances, I love that sentiment and the image.

g said...

just adorable!! think this is one my faves of your owl collection-what a cutie!

Mary Marsh said...

what a sweet card-love your cute owl image