Friday, January 15, 2010

My To Do List!

mft-do-list-wm

Good morning everyone,

I just had to share this project with you all that I created last night. This project uses 2 of the new stamps sets from MFT Stamps and also their new “To Do” list template that you can also purchase.

This project was inspired by something I received from our local council about 12 months ago … so when I was thinking what stamps to decorate my “To Do” list I decided what better for me but an Owl … after all you know I love owls! So I grabbed the new “Thinking of Hoo” stamp set as well as the new “Make A Date” set and created my to do list.  The Make A Date set is a fun set useful for so many things including calendars, besides the template for the “to do list” you can also purchase calendar templates, templates to create birthday books or perpetual calendars … you can find them all here.

mft-do-list2-wm

Here is a close up of the top section of my “To Do List” before I added the calendar … as you can see the thought bubble that comes with the owl set was the perfect place to add the words I wanted to use for this project.

If you look under the pencil you can see the slot I punched out so that my tear off note book I created could slip into place. The pencil & holder I pinched from the one I got from the council hehe!

BTW I will also tell you how I created my little “tear off notebook” that I used to slip into the slot it is sooooooooooo easy. Just print out the notebook first … I wanted mine smaller then the original size, so I selected the print 2 to a page option on the pdf file when I went to print. As there is only one page to the file you only get two printed on one end of the page but then you put that back into the printer and print more at the other end.

Next I cut all them all out so that they were all the same size and then used a couple of bulldog clips to hold the top together … put the bulldog clips at the side near the top not on the top itself and then just spread a little PVA glue along the top, smooth it out and leave to dry … then you have your own little tear off notebook. Sooooooooooo easy!!!!!

To finish of my To Do List, I added a piece of magnet strip to the back so it can be hung onto the fridge.

Recipe:

Stamps: Thinking of Hoo & Make A Date – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Burgundy, DP

Other: Black Ink; Burgundy Ink; Slot Punch; PVA Glue; Magnet Strip; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

maybe if I made such a fabulous to-do lister I would get some of the things on my to-do list done....fab work, Hootsie

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances this is FABULOUS!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome list - Frances!!! I definitely need one for myself - LOL!!! I constantly forget stuff :(

Hugs ~S~

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fabulous idea for the bookkeeper!! Love your list idea Hoots!! And the owl is definitely perfect!!

Dawn said...

Oh Wow! I love owls too and this one is the cutest! Your to do list is fantastic, I love how it turned out. I need one for my fridge :)