Thursday, November 19, 2009

Seeing Stars!

elzy-stars-wm

It is Elzybells challenge time over on the Elzybells Art Stamps blog. This week the challenge was “Seeing Stars” …. we had to use a star (or stars) somewhere on your project.

I used “Decorating Teddy” to create my card for this challenge, for the simple reason that Teddy was holding a star … I figured that was a good start! I recently purchased the Star Nestabilities so of course I wanted to use that as well.  So I stamped the teddy directly onto the star and also stamped it a second time so I could cut it out and paper tole it over the other one. And finally I used the new star cuttlebug embossing folder on the green panel of my card.

image

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the design team created for this challenge.

Recipe:

Stamps: Winter Couple & Warmest Greetings – Elzybells Art Stamps

Paper: White; Burgundy; Green; Eskimo Kiss DP – Basic Grey

Other: Black Ink; Star Nestabilities; Star Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Circle Cutter; Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon; Green Candy Dots; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

7 comments:

Danni said...

Love this layout!! Very cute card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances this is adorable, and fab layout, I think you should make that into a sketch.

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful, love the colours and cute image!
Clairexx

Simone said...

This is such a beautiful card, great colours and a lovely image!
Simone

Sheri Gilson said...

This is just too cute Frances!! I love it!!

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh! Adorable! I am totally going to have to case this layout!

Vicki

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on SCS said...

Oh Frances - I absolutely LOVE this card!! Love the layout and the way you incorporated the stars into the card. And those green brads finish it off perfectly. I think it's my all-time favourite Christmas card that I have seen anywhere this season!! :-)