Monday, October 5, 2009

Boo To You!

mft-boo-to-you2-wm

Hi again everyone,

I am back again today with one more challenge card to share with you. This time it is for this week’s Pink Elephant challenge. The challenge this week is a color challenge: Orange, Black, Purple & White!

For me these colors yelled out Halloween so I decided to use MFT Stamps new Digi Stamp Kit that was released last week. Aren’t these kids positively cute! Have you heard of “Boo Buckets” … well until this kit came out I hadn’t! Apparently what you do hang the boo sign near your front so your friends know you have been booed. Fill a bucket full of treats, include the poem, the boo sign and instructions for your friends to follow and then leave it secretly at their front door. The idea is that they continue the boo taking the treats out of the bucket and refilling it and passing it on to their friends. What a fun idea!

Anyway the new Digi Kit will contain this adorable Halloween image by Stephanie Fizer, a digital download “tag” sheet, a digital download “instructions” sheet, and a sentiment pack (like a digi stamp, but with only sentiments) and also a downloadable project sheet. The kit will also include the poem etc you need to make your own boo buckets.

I decided to create a door hanger that can be hung of the door. I printed out the digital image at 70% on white card and again on photocopy paper. I then masked the kids and used my copic airbrush to add the color to my image. I removed the masks & colored.

To create my hanger I cut my white card 9 1/2cm x 25.5cm and rounded the corners. I used a wide oval punch to punch out the centre part at the top of the hanger and then just cut from the edge to the oval cut out at an angle so that the hanger can be placed on a door. The black layer is just .5cm wider. For those in USA the conversion would be approx 3 3/4 inches x 10 inches. I also colored the hanger using my airbrush and then stamped out the spider web from the Totally Witchin’ stamp set.

mft-boo-to-you3-wm Here is a close up of the image … I colored the kids in the colors needed for the color challenge ….. orange, black & purple! I also used Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink – Sugarberry on the purple bunting hanging above the kids.

mft-boo-to-you4-wm

And a close up of the boo poem. I printed out the boo sign changing the setting to 2 sheets per page so that the poem would print out smaller then normal and again used my airbrush to add the color.

mft-boo-to-you-wm

And finally here is my door hanger all finished and hanging on my door handle!

Recipe:

Stamps: Digi Kit & Totally Witchin’ – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Black

Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copic Airbrush; Copics

aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Victoria said...

this is sooo fab, what a great door hanger. Brill shading

Victoria
x

Cindy Haffner said...

I love this Frances.

Annie said...

This is so beatiful!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Frances, this is adorable!! I love the door hanger idea. Great job!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

That is so cute, Frances! I had never heard of the boo bucket idea before either.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your airbrushing is gorgeous Hoots!! Love this adorable door hanger!! Love the boo bucket idea too. How fun!