Monday, June 22, 2009

Have a Bee-autiful Day!

alota-tri-shutter-wm

Happy Monday everyone and hope you are all having a “Bee-autiful Day”

Of course it is time for another challenge with my CCEE Stamper friends. This week Charlene gave us an Inspiration challenge, which I don’t often do. We were instructed to go to Anna Wight’s photo gallery blog and select a photo to use for inspiration for our cards.

As you might be able to tell if you clicked on the link above I selected the photo of the sunflower for my card. I had such fun last week doing my Tri Shutter card for last week’s challenge that I decided to do another one this week … but this time I used Bonnie’s other tutorial which shows how to create the card so that you have a full card at the front rather than half card … you can see her other tutorial here.

I used Alota Rubber Stamps “Sunflowers for Grace” to create my card … this is one of Alota’s newest bug stamps.

alota-tri-shutter-front-wm

Here is how my card looks closed. As you can see I added paper piercing to both right hand corners of my card and a bow to the bottom of the sunflower.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the CCEE Stampers creations this week. You will also find details on how you can play in this challenge.

Recipe:

Stamps: Sunflowers for Grace – Alota Rubber Stamps; Bee-autiful Day – Amazing Creations; Buzzing By – Azadi

Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip & Windsor Knot DP – SU

Other: Black Ink; Bee Buttons; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Copics

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances, fantastic, love your bee card.

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is just so fabulous...love the different style.....great with a full card front

Sue from Oregon said...

What wonderful card!

simplyfairies said...

Suprb, I am halfway through one of these can't believ how simple it really is to make, when it looks so complexed!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

This is beautiful, Frances! I see you loved Anna's sunflower photography, too. I really like the full card front on this version of the tri-shutter fold, too. Your images are adorable. Thanks for playing!

Annelies said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!

Vicki G said...

Wow! That is just gorgeous!!!! WOW!