Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pretties Wednesday – White on White!

pp-white-white-wm

Hi everyone

It is time for another Pretties Wednesday challenge that I play every Wednesday with my fellow Prettie Girls. 2 weeks ago Jacque Pedro challenged the Prettie Girls to make an ALL WHITE card with the EXCEPTION OF THE IMAGE. It can have as many layers as you want but must be white on white!!

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Jacque I have seen a number of these online and admired them. Admiring them and actually doing one though now that was a different matter! Anyway not one to shirk a challenge and after joining the other Prettie Girls ribbing Jacque I sat down and got to work on my card.

I used Paper Pretties “Give Thanks” set which will be the June SOTM set for Paper Pretties .... you can find out how you can get this set the month before it is released to the public here.

I stamped Sophia on white card and also stamped her dress on some striped vellum that I found so I could paper piece her dress. I used two different types of white card so that you could see a slight difference in the layers. I also used my sizzix texture plate to add texture to one of the layers. I added pearls to the front of her dress and also found a white ribbon rose to adhere over the flower.

Don't forget to check out the other Design Teams blogs to see there creations this week.


Recipe:

Stamps: Give Thanks Set – Paper Pretties

Paper: White

Other: Black Ink; Labels 1 Nestabilities; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Lace Doily Border Punch; White Brads; Pearls; Ribbon Rose; Foam Tape; Copics

12 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

This is very lovely!

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect Frances, you rocked this white on white.

Anonymous said...

I love these white cards!! So beautiful and elegant! :)

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful!! I love the flowers!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Soooo gorgoeus - Frances!!! Love all the white on white :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

You did great on the challenge Frances! I love the dress and the white rose - very pretty touch! :)

Jackie said...

This is just so elegant and beautiful! I love it, great job!

Tracey said...

I love the white on white Frances! Beautiful!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just gorgeous, Frances!

Anonymous said...

What a hard challenge. One you passed with flying colours. Well done. Annie

Jodi Collins said...

How GORGEOUS Frances! Your card is SOOOOO elegant! LOVE Sophia framed in the nesties!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Beautiful, Frances! You totally aced this one!