Monday, April 27, 2009

Way To Go!

ccee-way-to-go-wm

Hi everyone, I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

It’s Monday which of course means it is time for another challenge with my CCEE Stamper friends. Today challenge is the last from our April challenge host Cindy Haffner. Cindy challenge us to create a card using a die, tool, embellishment we hadn’t used in a long time. Great challenge Cindy cause we do all tend to reach for the new stuff right! Even with this challenge I still reached for new but I didn’t have to have everything old as long as something was. And the things I did use that weren't old were things I had purchased earlier in the year and as yet hadn’t got around to using so that kind of fits right! *giggle*

First up I have been wanting to use some of this red, white & blue star designer paper I found in one of my DCWV stacks … this is from the adhesive stack … I am sure you will see it again in the near future. Anyway I figured this cute cheerleader from The Greeting Farm would work well with the DP so I selected her for my image. The embossing on the pacific point card behind my image was created by the Sizzix texture plate called “ABC Baby” …. it reminded me of cheerleaders saying “Give me an A” etc.

The oval nestie and the star punches are old but of course I use them a fair bit …. sheesh where is the old hehe … don’t fret it is there. It has been ages since I have used my cuttlebug lattice die that I HAD to have so I die cut two panels of the lattice and joined them together over the red panel and then also used the red ribbon which is also fairly old and I haven’t used that for a while to my knowledge either … I tend to be going for the wider ribbons these days mostly.

The layout used here is Jen’s of Iheart2stamps SFYTT sketch challenge from April 18th. I did tweak it the tiniest bit with my stars.

So do you have dies, tools or embellishments you haven’t used in a long time … want to play along too! Come join us over at our CCEE Stampers blog we would love to see what you have created.

Recipe:

Stamps: Cheerleader Anya – The Greeting Farm, Sentiment – Starving Artistamps

Paper: White; Real Red & Pacific Point – SU; Adhesive Stack DP – DCWV

Other: Black Ink; Petite Oval Nestabilities; Star Punches; Lattice Cuttlebug Die; ABC Baby Sizzix Texture Plate; Red Brads; Red Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics


6 comments:

Christi Flores said...

How fun is this?! I love it!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is so stellar...what a perfect creation for a teenage cheerleader......fab

Cindy Haffner said...

She is darling Frances.

Connie M. said...

This is such an adorable card and image, Frances...love the red white and blue theme!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - Frances - those Anya iamges are getting cuter and cuter!!! I love this card - it's fabulous!!!

Go Frances, go Frances - LOL!!!

Kerry D-C said...

oh my gosh! this is WAY too CUTE! Love that star paper! Fun! Fun! Fun!