Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

pp-canada-day-wm

Hi everyone!

I have another Paper Pretties sneak peek card to share with you today. Yesterday I showed you Lady Liberty Sophia so today I have Canadian Sophia for you. I know Canada isn’t till July but of course July will be here before we know it … after all tomorrow will be the 1st May already. Wow this year is just flying by!

I kept my card fairly simple. I wanted it to look similar to the Canadian Flag. I did add just the tiny bit of black card above and below the white player of the main image just to add a bit of interest to the card. The red side panels have both been embossed using a Sizzix texture plate.

Now I know that Canadians will love this set (well I hope so anyway) but I think even if you don’t live in Canada she will still be lots of fun … the flags could be easily cut off after you stamp out the image and the flag on the shirt could also be disguised … I am sure I will be using this stamp set a lot even though I live in Australia.

I will be back tomorrow with another sneak peek using a brand new set from a brand new artist. So don’t forget to check it out, you will also get the opportunity to blog hop with the other Prettie Girls to see what they have created too.

On Friday May 1st Paper Pretties will be having their monthly Stampin In Your Jammies party!! The party starts at 6pm CDT and will last until 9pm. We will be issuing a challenge every hour so be sure to come and play along!! Besides the challenges, chatter, and all around fun, we will also be releasing Hola Chica, TWO new Sophias, re-releasing Rainy Day Friend in RUBBAH, and we will have a BRAND new set from a BRAND new artist!! Sneak peeks start on Wednesday April 29th!! Hope to see you there!!

It is time for another Cutie Pie contest!! You have until Thursday April 30th at 8pmCDT to get your entries uploaded to the Cutie Pie gallery at the Paper Pretties website. The winner will not only get to call themselves a Cutie Pie, but they will also receive all the new release stamps!! Good Luck!!

Recipe:

Stamps: Canadian Sophia – Paper Pretties

Paper: White; Black; Real Red – SU

Other: Black Ink; Sizzix Texture Plate; Copics

7 comments:

Tracey said...

I think I really need this Sophia!! I love your card Frances. It's fabulous that you made it look like our Canadian flag. :)

Cindy Haffner said...

You know i love this eh!!!!!! Just darling.

Christi Flores said...

Too cute Frances!!!

Anonymous said...

Thsi is awesome Francis, the whole flag look is just perfect!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so...when does the Aussie version come out???

she is adorable

Unknown said...

Super cute Frances! Love the texture!

Anonymous said...

Is it July 1st already? Love this set, eh! Deb M in BC :)