Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Read I Go!


Hi again!

It is Pretties Wednesday which means it is time for another Pretties challenge with the Pretties Girls.

Two week's ago Christi Thorsen challenged the Pretties Girls to create a bookmark.

When I started thinking about my bookmark that I had to create, I thought of course of books and then this made me think of school so I decided to use "Off To School Sophia" for my bookmark!

I used the Martha Stewart picket fence border punch and attached this to the top portion of the footpath I created for the bottom of my bookmark. I had this alphabet designer paper in my stash which I also thought would work well with this bookmark.

I masked out the "school" portion of the sentiment and used my computer to print out "read", which I then cut out and adhered over the school part of this sentiment. I also added a tassel to the top of my bookmark.

Don't forget to check out the other Design Teams blogs to see there creations this week.

Recipe:
Stamps: Off To School Sophia - Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Bordering Blue & Riding Hood Red - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Picket Fence Border Punch; Tassel; Hole Punch; Copics



14 comments:

Joey said...

Hiya Frances, this is fabulous, so bright and cheery the image is so cute. Joey.x

Unknown said...

So adorable Frances!! Would be perfect for my girls! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how adorable, Frances! What a great bookmark!

Vicki G said...

Now that is adorable!!!! See, hmmm what did I say..........6 or 7 projects.......lol..... I was right on the money!!! You are on busy lady!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your bookmark, super cute.

Jackie said...

OMG! That is one amazing bookmark, I think I would be worried that I would mess it up by putting it in a book...lol

Jackie Pedro said...

This is PERFECT, Frances!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the details in this bookmark Hoots! From the fence, to the bg letters and the sidewalk! Beautiful!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab tag.....fun

Danni said...

What a fun bookmark!! How creative and so bright and happy! Great job!

Tracey said...

This is adorable Frances! Love it!

Jodi Collins said...

Look at this! You creative gal you! What an AWESOME bookmark!! You rock Frances!

Anonymous said...

This is great Frances! I love the letters and I have the little fence punch too and was dissappointed when I got it b/c it was so small but now you've inspired me to try it out!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally cute!!