Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


Hi everyone!

It's Pretties Tuesday so I have another Paper Pretties card to share with you today. I figured that seeing it was also my birthday today that I would make my card a birthday card!

I used "Bunny Hop Sophia" to create my card today ... now this is normally an Easter image but I wanted to try and use this for something other then Easter! Bunny Hop Sophia normally is wearing bunny ears and carrying Easter eggs in her basket, I cut off the bunny ears and colored what remained to look like her hair and a hair band ... you have to look very close to notice anything and I think only those of us who know that she had bunny ears would notice. I also added some flower soft to the basket so it looks like she is carrying flowers rather then eggs.

I used white wide grosgrain ribbon for the 3 panels at the side of my card ... I colored them blue using my copic marker.

This week the Pretties weekly challenge is a sketch challenge ... now you know I had to play this one. This is another great sketch that Danielle has created for us today.

How to Enter: make your card using the provided sketch and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s). Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery.

Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category on the forum and use keyword PWC44.

Deadline: midnight on Wednesday, March 25th

Prize: $5.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

The winner will be randomly selected from among the qualifying entrants and announced after the contest has ended.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bunny Hop Sophia & Sentiment - Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Soft Sky, Pretty In Pink & Regal Rose - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Label Tag Die; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; Pink Brads; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics



31 comments:

Tracey said...

A very pretty card Frances! Love this! And a very happy birthday to you!!! xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Great sketch Frances and I love what you did with it, super cute.

Sues said...

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you la la la
I can sing too. lol Lovely card but I thought you'd make yourself an owl card. Annie

Mrs Wonka said...

Beautiful card! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Mrs W x

CraftyC said...

Happy Birthday Frances, you've made yourself a lovely card!
Clairex

Lou said...

Happy Birthday Frances - this card as usual from you is wonderful - i love your blog and am a regular I hope you have a lovely day Best wishes Lou x

Donna said...

Your card is stunning Frances and happy birthday to you, hope you get lots of nice pressies, mine is tomorrow lol. Donna x

Diane said...

Have a wonderful Birthday Frances!
Your card is so cute!!!

Unknown said...

Adorable Frances!! I love how you altered her - sooo cute!! Hope your day is just perfect!! Happy Birthday!! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - FRANCES!!! May all your dreams and wishes come true!!!

Your card is so beautiful - love the Sketch!!! Hopefully I can play along!?!

Big B-day hugs
~Silke~

LorettaL said...

Happy birthday to you too Frances!!!

Kimme said...

She is very cute. Is she popped up a bit off the white too?

Jackie said...

Frances this is just adorable! She looks great without the ears, only those of us that use her all the time would notice...I did a double tack actually :) A very Happy Birthday Miss Birthday Lady! Have a great day!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so sweet Frances! Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Joey said...

Hi Frances, Happy Birthday to you.x
your card is gorgeous, this is a fab layout. Joey.x

Candy said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Wishing you the best and many more "happpy" ones.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card!! Love the image, colors, piercing and Flower Soft.

Happy Birthday, Frances!!! Hope it's as special as you are.

Danielle L. said...

Happy happy Birthday Frances!!! Lovely card! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Happy Happy Birthday Frances!!! Hope it was a great one!!!

Christi Flores said...

Happy Birthday Frances!! I hope you have a fantastic YOU day!!!!!

April said...

Frances that is one beautiful card. I think bunny hop sophia looks very sweet as a flower girl and you showed us yet another way we can use that cute stamp. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Frances!!!! I love this darling card!!!

Antje said...

Thats a great card, you have done a lot of cutting - respect! ....and then I wanted to say Happy Birthday to you.... its my birthday today as well and when I read, that it's your birthday, I just thought of jumping over to your blog an leave a note - from one birthday girl to another... enjoy your day and wishing you all the best....

Danni said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!!
I just love your version of bunny hop Sophia!! So clever!!
You are so very talented!!

Roz said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a day filled with fun and you are spoiled rotten! You bring such joy to others, and hope you get fun stuff on your special day!

Kristi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Linda Carson said...

Happy Birthday Frances! You should celebrate by purchasing more stamps!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This card is just so sweet Hoots!! Love the piercing and your ribbon tab trio! The colors are fabulous too! Darling!

Ginny said...

happy birthday Fran, cute card :0)

Vicki G said...

And what a beautiful Birthday card it is!