Friday, January 2, 2009

A Winter Hi!

It seems quite funny imaging winter when I am sitting here with the air conditioner still on at night because it is so hot! Maybe this card will cool me down a little hehe!

This card was actually my very first play I had with my new copic air brush system ... the pond scene from Alota Rubber Stamps was sitting on my desk already stamped but not colored when I set up the air brush .... so of course I had to try it out on something and it was this piece. Considering I didn't mask anything and had no idea what I was doing at the time ... I am pretty happy with the end results.

This little scene just called out for me to use the "Gliding By" set from Paper Pretties. This was available through the Stamp of the Month Club for December .... if you missed out ordering it, it will be available again in February.

Recipe:
Stamps: Pond Scene - Alota Rubber Stamps; Gliding By Set - Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Black; Baja Breeze & Regal Rose - SU
Other: Black Ink; Pink Brads; Tag Die; Baja Breeze SU Ink; Clear Spica Pen; White Gel Pen; Foam Tape; Copic Air Brush System; Copics


15 comments:

Tracey said...

A very pretty card Frances!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

STUNNING Frances!!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Frances, I am speechless, this is amazing!

Regina Easter said...

oh my goodness, this is adorable...

Kristine said...

OK Frances...you just sold me on that park scene! I just ordered it because I know I'll be getting my SOTM club Sophia this month! :) They're so lucky to have you as a DT.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Hoots!! This scene is absolutely darling!! You're killing me with this airbrushing of yours! You make it look so easy. Talk about gorgeous....

Charlene Austin said...

Happy New Year Frances! It is so weird clicking on your blog and seeing tomorrows post. I am just barely recovering from New Years (Haha!) and you are fast embracing the new year with your amazing creations!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH! Frances this is SOOOO gorgeous! I LOVE it and my mouth is hanging open over here! WOWZA!!! Happy New Year!

Linda Carson said...

Brilliant!

Cheryl said...

A beautiful card!!I love the colours!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee be glad it's warm Frances, cold here. Love your card, so sweet.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card and what a wonderful job you did with your new air brush system!!! TFS

Nikki said...

Frances, this is gorgeous! I love the dimension to it!
Hugs, Nikki

Mothermark said...

Wow! Hootsie this is awesome! Especially since you didn't know what you are doing! Hey, no fair, I never know what I am doing and nuttin comes out this good!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness that scene was made for Sophia!! LOVE this Frances!! :)