Wednesday, December 3, 2008

An Owl For You!

Hi I am back again with a card for this week's sketch challenge over on SCS. This sketch was a perfect layout for this owl which I received in the mail the other day from a very good friend of mine ... she knows how much I love owls so sent me a stamp set from Unity Stamps that contained this cute little owl.

Yesterday when I was running an errand for my DH, I stopped of at a stamp store cause I was looking for a reinker I am in urgent need of. Anyway I didn't find the reinker, however I did find a bunch of designer papers that had owls on them ... well needless to say I couldn't leave them in the store now could I! You guys know how much I love owls. This paper is double sided and it wasn't until I was looking through these papers today to see if any would work with my unity owl that I discovered that this particular pattern was on the back of one ..... yahhhhhhh!

I was a bit worried about cutting into it ... but it looks like a brand I can get again so I did. Yeah I know paper is for using not hoarding LOL!

Recipe:
Stamps: Mix Up Of Cuteness Set - Unity Stamps
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip & Always Artichoke - SU; DP - Kaiser
Other: Black Ink; Brown Brads; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; Foam Tape; Copics



10 comments:

DeeDee said...

That is a CUTE little owl Frances!! That paper is adorable too with the little owl peeking out!!! LOL!!! HUGS!!!

Vicki G said...

Frances, I absolutely ADORE the colours that you have chosen for this Card!!!

Beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

This owl is so darn cute!! :) You've chosen the perfect paper to go with it for sure!! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! There's the owl:)
This is a beautiful card. I really love the dp you used with that cute owl peeking out!

Sharon Caudle said...

CUTE!!!! I love the paper with that little owl peeking out!! And that stamp is GREAT! Love the colors you used too!

Regina Easter said...

i am loving this....so soft..great job and those paper dolls you posted yesterday...........oh my goodness to cute...hugs

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome! I love the colors!

Cindy Haffner said...

So sweet Frances, love that paper.

Catherine said...

too cute, Frances.

Anonymous said...

Love this card. My local store had some new kaiser owl paper. i bought a different one..will have to go back and see if they have the `forest` dp..so cute with the owl behind the tree!