Monday, December 1, 2008

Blue Christmas!

Wow .... it is December all ready doesn't time fly when you are having fun!!! I will have a lot of cards etc to share with you this week so make sure you come back each day and scroll down so you don't miss anything. I will be posting two cards today so check back in a little while for my other card.

As most of you know Mondays mean challenge time with my CCEE Stamper friends .... originally we all agreed that we wouldn't be doing challenges in December as it can be a busy month for many with preparations for Christmas, visiting families etc .... but a couple of us challenge aholics (and there are a few of us) changed our mind so Cindy Haffner came up with a few easy challenges for the first 3 weeks.

Our first challenge this week is to make a card using any shade of blue and we also had to include some brads.

As I have been busy creating cards for various Design Teams preparing for releases etc this week .... at first I planned on cheating and use a card I made a few months ago that fitted the guidelines for this challenge that I hadn't posted yet ..... but then I saw this stamp set in my stash and decided I had to use this for my card. I also thought I would do a "Cammie" and cover all bases by using the color blue and the word 'blue" on my card ..... hehehe!

I first purchased this My Sentiments Exactly set because I loved the sentiment and I knew it would work well with the 'Blue Christmas Elvis' stamp I purchased from Cornish Heritage Farms earlier in the year.

I also used brown in my card .... and before any of my CCEE Stamper friends say anything ... I checked first before I created my card and we were allowed to use other colors! The scallop layer for my tree panel was created using the rectangle nestabilities ... I cut two and then joined them to get the size I needed. The swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder was used to create the texture on the soft sky back panel. I also added clear stickles to each of the oval/circles on the tree.

Don't forget to check out our CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the cards for this challenge.

Recipe:
Stamps: Blue Christmas Set - My Sentiments Exactly
Paper: White; Blue Bajou, Soft Sky & Chocolate Chip - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; Clear Stickles; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Blue Brads; Foam Tape; Copics


8 comments:

Tracey said...

Such a fabulous card!! Love the blue!

Unknown said...

Its gorgeous!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So clever with your blue sentiment Frances, love it.

kerriegurney said...

France this is gorgeous - i love the shade of blue that you have used and your verse :)

Julie said...

Hi Frances

I love this card. The colours are my absolute fav and as always you have put it all together so beautifully

Hugs
Julie

DeeDee said...

Ooooh Frances, this is one adorable card....love that stamp!!! HUGS!!

Catherine said...

aaawww... what a sweet card.

Judy Rozema said...

Oh wow, Frances, this is just wonderful!! I REALLY like it!