Saturday, November 1, 2008

Owly Season's Greetings!

Hi guys and welcome to a brand new month ... wow November already ... you know what that means right .... not all that long till Christmas, yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My card today is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge .... now you all know I am an owl lover so of course I had to buy this stamp a while back and thought it was about time I actually used it LOL! I just love it!!!!!!!!!! I love Beate's sketch too of course.

I used my circle nestabilities to create my circle layers ... the top and bottom of the green card have been punched using the Martha Stewart Lace Doily Punch. I added red brads along the top and bottom edge of the designer paper.

Recipe:
Stamps: Owl (Greetings from the Wise) - Penny Black; Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Real Red & Always Artichoke - SU; Wassail DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Lace Doily Punch; Circle Nestabilities; Red Brads; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics



12 comments:

Beate said...

I LOVE it! LOVE the paper, LOVE the owl, LOVE how you popped out her eyes! Fantastic as always!
Hugs and smiles

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances awesome job with that sketch, super cute.

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh, this is so adorable!!! Love the way you popped part of him! The DP and that MS punch gives this card a *wow* factor.
Blessings, Maria

Susan G said...

Great card. Such a cute little owl. I may just have to get him, too. Could you give me the sizes of the circle nesties that you used? I only have the large scallop circles and the classic plain circles. I seem to have difficulty in getting different sized layers that look good to me. I'm thinking maybe I need the other sizes of circles, too. Sure hope not since they are expensive and I'd hoped to make do with only the large set of each shape.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Really adorable! I love your choice of papahs!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the dp and the owl is too darn cute!

airbornewife said...

Your card is awesome.. love the eyes on the owl.. oh, great paper too!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

LOVE, love, love, this card, Frances!

BA said...

This is a wonderful card!!! I love the owl! send you a smile BA

Catherine said...

i love everything about this card, and your owl...too cute!

Anonymous said...

AWW! This is sooo cute Frances!! :) I love the cute owl popped out on your card!! TFS!

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous -- LOVE that owl and how his eyes POP off the page -- super cute! ;)