Monday, November 17, 2008

My Weekend!




Hi everyone ... in my blog post that I uploaded yesterday I mentioned to you all that this particular one was a special one for me. I am sure some of you are wondering what I meant by that hehe.

Well the fact is that I have been away from home the past 3 days to attend my eldest daughters wedding. It has been a very busy few days as I had to travel up to Fraser Island (which I was told by my SIL was a 4 hr drive from here ... but turned out to be a 7 hr trip up and a 6 1/2 hr trip back) The return trip last night wasn't helped with one of the worst storms in Qld in 6 years and us having to travel at 10km per hour for about 1 1/2 hrs arghhhhhhh! But we did finally make it home safe and sound ... and as much as I enjoyed my daughters wedding there is no place like home!

She made a very beautiful bride (I am a little biased), I am including a photo of the ceremony here as I know a number of my friends will be asking to see a pic so I figured this would be the easiest way to do so. I will be sharing with you all in the near future some of the things we made for the wedding.

Oh btw for those who are wanting to know ... my youngest daughter is the one standing at the far left of this pic holding one of the flower girls hands.


15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Frances, so glad you back safe and sound. The wedding looks beautiful.

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Beautiful picture!

Unknown said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding! Congrats to your family Frances! :)

Vicki G said...

What a beautiful picture........ I am glad that you made it home safe and sound!

Vicki

Sharon Caudle said...

It's a beautiful picture Frances! Congrats to you and your family! Glad you made it back safe through that ugly storm!

DeeDee said...

Awww, great picture Frances...how happy they look!!! Glad you made it back safe and sound!!! HUGS!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Frances, what a fantastic photo and what a lovely celebration!! congratulations to your daughter. Hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Beautiful picture! TFS

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous photo Hoots!! Love the colors of the bridesmaid dresses!! So glad you're home safe!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful wedding scene and an even more beautiful bride. Congrats to everyone!! I'm so glad you're home safe and sound.

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

What a beautiful picture of the bridal party! I'm sorry to hear about the long trip and storm.

stampingcaz said...

Looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

She DOES make a beautiful bride Frances! What a special occasion for you. Congratulations!

Mothermark said...

OMG! What a wonderful picture! Those little girls are so precious...so little! And both of your daughters are beautiful Hootsie and very tall....What a wonderful time you must have had...although your trip home you could have done without! Glad you are safe and sound at home. I will look forward to seeing what you made for the wedding...that shade of blue for the dresses is gorgeous! Now I know why the M & Ms were that color! Hee!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, this was a beautiful wedding, Frances!