Monday, August 25, 2008

Cute As A Button!

Monday's sure come round fast don't they .... and so do the challenges I do with my CCEE friends. This week we normally would do a supply challenge ... but some of us who live outside of America haven't received them in time, so we are jumping ahead to one of our September challenges and will do the supply challenge next week. Our challenges for September were given to us by Carolyn King ... thanks Cammie!

Our first challenge which we are doing this week is "Tag It Up" to create a tag for any occasion....it just has to be a tag. Easy enough!

I decided to make my tag into a card .... when I first saw this challenge I had planned to do something different and also use different stamps ... but when I saw Tosh's card she did last week for our CCEE challenge I decided I would make my tag into a card as she did. And I just had to play with another of my new alota rubber stamps images I got last week .... I so love these adorable kid stamps.

To create the background for my tag ... I started by layering the wood floor (which is actually a paper sample of wood flooring I found in a hardware store some time ago) and the designer paper. I added the white card where the two papers joined which helps hide the join and gives you the look of skirting in a room. The girl sleeping was stamped on white card and then cut our and this was layered onto the bottom of my tag using foam tape.

I used silver hodgepodge hardware for my sentiment and add 3 pink button brads to the left side of my tag. This was all layered onto the wasabi shaped tag and then onto the blush blossom folded tag.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the CCEE Stampers cards here. We would love you to play along with us, details on our blog.

Recipe:
Stamps: Girl Sleeping - alota Rubber Stamps; Sentiment - Fiskars
Paper: White; Wild Wasabi & Blush Blossom - SU; Nana's Nursery (Girl) DP - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; Pretty In Pink SU Ink; Silver Hodgepodge Hardware; Pink Button Brads; Circle Punch; Pink Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape


8 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Precious!

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances she is so precious, i just want to kiss her goodnight, excellent job.

Taylor said...

I just had to leave a comment on this....it is soo adorable!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous tag Frances. That stamp is sooo cute.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet image and an adorable card! I love the floor - very clever use of an ad!

Anonymous said...

what a great card - love how you incorporated the wood floor sample - neat!!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable! Too cute! Love it! TFS!]~Heidi

Unknown said...

Too cute!!