Friday, August 1, 2008

Boo Mr Scarecrow!

Good morning or evening depending on which part of the world you live in ... it is morning for me :) . Here is another card using the "Trick or Treat" set by Hanna Stamps ... this set will be release in just a couple more hours.

Right now we have a party going on over at the Hanna Stamps member forums of SCS, this is to celebrate the release of the new stamps ... why not pop on over and join in the fun. I am hosting a sketch challenge ... so if you get a chance you might like to play along too. As this is a pre release challenge, there is a prize involved which will be a " Pirate Hanna" set ... you have until Monday 5pm to upload your cards to the gallery on SCS using the keyword included in my sketch challenge post in the Hanna Stamps Member Forum.

My card today combines a number of challenges ... first of course it is my sketch challenge I mentioned above ... but it is also this weeks HSC28 Hanna challenge which is to include buttons on your card ... I went with button brads.

Hey do you notice all the stitching on this card .... well I went and did it hehe. After creating my sewing card for Julia's DTGD challenge on the weekend, I went searching for the Janome Sew Mini. I have heard a lot of good things about this machine and someone reminded me of it in a comment she posted to that card ... so I googled it to see if it was even available in Australia. Well has luck would have it I found it in a local (kind of) sewing store ... and even better they were selling them on special. I have been wanting to buy a small one for a while now but was kind holding back on the cheap ones I have seen cause I hadn't had any luck with 2 cheapies I tried out in the past. Well I gotta tell ya ... I LOVE this new one ... it is a real machine just mini and it works great!

I also played with a couple more new toys while making this card ... first one of the new cuttlebug embossing folders ... pumpkin harvest ... now this is one I wasn't sure if I would use and here I go and use it the first out of all the ones I just got LOL ... go figure! The little boo tag I attached to my card using a paper tagger by Around the Block ... it attaches a plastic tag thingy through your holes just like those you see in the shops holding tags to dresses etc ... so much fun.


Here is my sketch if you would like to play along too.

Recipe:
Stamps: Trick or Treat Set - Hanna Stamps; Cheesecloth - SU
Paper: Vanilla; Black; Classic Orange, Nautical Blue Medium - Prism Papers; DP - Sandylion
Other: Black Ink; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Button Brads; Black Bracket Brad; Word Window Punch; Paper Tagger; Pumpkin Harvest Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Sewing Machine; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Great stitiching Frances, love your sketch and your card.

Erika H. said...

What a wonderful card...love the sketch, the stitching, the colors...so warm and rich. Great card.