Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Teacher Hanna!

Hi as promised yesterday I have the first of my sneak peaks of the new sets to be released by Hanna Stamps this Friday 1st August. The are 4 new sets that are being released, the first I am sharing with you is the "Teacher Hanna" set. I just love this set, who wouldn't like to be taught by someone like Hanna!

Surprise surprise this card also uses two of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over on SCS. This time I decided to do Kitty's "Create a Scene" challenge .... I decided to do an indoor scene for my card. I created the blackboard using black card, sponged the middle section of the card to make the wall. I drew in the floor boards using a black marker and then colored them. Hanna was stamped on a separate piece of card and cut out and then attached over my scene using foam tape. The books used on this card are actually from the "Bookworm Hanna" set, everything else used here is from the Teacher set.

The second challenge I did here is the DTGD color challenge, we were to use Real Red, YoYo Yellow & Brilliant Blue ... which basically are the primary colors ... a perfect color scheme for a school themed card.

A couple of weeks ago while browsing a cheap shop, I discovered these cute school theme brads... the ruler and the apple ... so of course I had to use them on my card.

Join us on the Hanna Stamps member forum of SCS for the release party Thursday 31st July at 9pm EST.... See some great preview peeks and participate in some fun prize challenges.

Recipe:
Stamps: Teacher Hanna Set & Bookworm Hanna Set - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Real Red, YoYo Yellow & Brilliant Blue - SU; School Stripe DP - Pebbles Inc
Other: Black Ink; White Brilliance Ink; Blue Grosgrain Ribbon; School Theme Brads; Foam Tape


10 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Great scene card.... using other sets of course. Your such an ispiration .. wish I could get on a jet plane to meet you.

Cindy Haffner said...

Hey maybe i can get on that plane with Shannon, that would be a hoot.

Love your card Frances.

Rene Sharp said...

Love this card, the colours work perfectly with the teacher image. Great job!

Diane said...

Super cute card! Love the embellies,and the colors are real cool! Great card!

Denise Clark said...

Love the bright, cheerful colors and that image is just adorable!

Denise

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Very cute!

Tracy.H said...

Great job!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! Hannah looks like she just graduated college and now has the dream job she's been longing for! Love how you worked all of the DP colors into your scene! TFS

Shelly said...

Lovin' the primary colors on this one!

Sues said...

This is so adorable!