Sunday, July 27, 2008

Silhoutte Owl!

Hope you are all having a great weekend, I know I am as I am getting lots of time to play the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on SCS. On Saturday and Sunday there are 4 challenges each day.

My card today combines three of the DTGD challenges ... the first is Joan's silhouette challenge. I decided to go with this Inkadinkadoo Owl ... after all it has been a while since I have used an owl (at least 2 weeks LOL!)

The second challenge used here is Jen's DTGD sketch challenge, for some reason I flipped the sketch .... I guess when I printed it out it turned it around and I didn't go back and look at Jen's version online again. But I like it flipped anyway.

The third challenge was Laura's "Get Dirty" challenge ... I sponged ink around my owl panel to create a distress look to that piece. I also used my distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to my river rock card andthen I sponged the raised areas with ink too, again to get a distress look.

I added the spiral clips to both ends of my ribbon for something a little different.

Recipe: Stamps: Owl - Inkadinkadoo
Paper: White; Black; River Rock & True Thyme - SU; DP - Heidi Grace
Other: Black Ink; River Rock & True Thyme SU Ink; Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Brads; Spiral Clips; Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape




4 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is an awesome card, Frances! I love the muted colors and the textures.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your double challenge Frances, love that owl, and isn't this a great sketch!!

Judy in Indiana said...

Frances, this is great...it looks very outdoorsy. Love that owl!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! Love the image, the layout and the Cuttled bg!